Mozilla Firefox 14.0 Beta 6

anuraag

Firefox is the award winning next generation browser from Mozilla. Firefox empowers you to browse faster, more safely, and more efficiently than with any other browser. Make the switch today - Firefox imports your Favorites, settings and other information, so you have nothing to lose. Stop annoying popup ads in their tracks with Firefox's built in popup blocker. View more than one web page in a single window with this time saving feature. Open links in the background so that they're ready for viewing when you're ready to read them. Built with your security in mind, Firefox keeps your computer safe from malicious spyware by not loading harmful ActiveX controls. A comprehensive set of privacy tools keep your online activity your business.

Thanks to cybpsych for the update.

Download

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Posted Image

I have no idea what the hell this is. Must be some mistake from Mozilla.

Sl@pSh0ck™

Our first FF14 desktop beta will be FF14 beta 5 to line up with Fennec Native versioning see "back on the trains" diagram (note 6/15 is a moving target)

Fennec is now in beta6 that is why we have FF14 beta6 as well.

Source

The V14 was already started quite some time ago but remained dormant. I remember there's supposed to be a x64-bit version, too (hope they didn't tank it.)

My bet is that they carried forward from the existing V14 instead of V13. :)

Edit:

Drat, looking into their repository, there's no trace of the x64. :(

Sl@pSh0ck™

The V14 was already started quite some time ago but remained dormant. I remember there's supposed to be a x64-bit version, too (hope they didn't tank it.)

My bet is that they carried forward from the existing V14 instead of V13. :)

Edit:

Drat, looking into their repository, there's no trace of the x64. :(

the answer is just a post above you :lol:

Firefox 16a x64 build improved much better than 14/15, now i had no reason to use palemoon or waterfox.

:drunk:

That's fine, you mentioned Fennec (which looks like the mobile app version.) :)

Now, more than the build number I'm concerned that Mozilla is dragging their feet by pulling out the x64-bit version from the V14 (which is most alarming.) :(

Firefox 16a x64 build improved much better than 14/15, now i had no reason to use palemoon or waterfox.

:drunk:

Just installed, thank you.

My IDM was not compatible. Have just prepared a home cooked IDM add-on and now all extensions are working.

Sl@pSh0ck™

@Rocketman

I don't think we would see x64 version of FX out of the nightlies anytime soon, which is a shame indeed :(

@Rocketman

I don't think we would see x64 version of FX out of the nightlies anytime soon, which is a shame indeed :(

Chrome & Safari[win] never made a x64 version...

In fact, opera x64 still worse than opera x32.

;)

x64 VS x32 , there aren't any major gain so screw the x64 till it deliver something big.

thanks for the info! i'm using aurora version and so far theres some minor updates every 3 days our so....

freeforever03

Thanks for the update. I did notice that 1 of my web pages did not work properly.

calguyhunk

Firstly, thanks for the heads up. With ALL my auto updates turned off, I really depend on nsanedown for my updates :thumbsup:

Secondly, strange numbering system - yes, FENNEC and all ;)

Thirdly, first real change in appearance since version 4 - though not totally necessary, not entirely visually polluting either, IMO :)

Archived