Do you use Iranian Antivirus if they can produce that?

morteza

Iran wants to produce AV this year. Without any discrimination ,What do you think? Do you use that?

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I'll go on tests and merits. :)

majithia23

the right / correct question is or would have been --

an intelligent programmer is building a new Anti Virus . Will you use it without any discrimination ?

what does Iran ( or any country in particular ) has to do with an Anti Virus product ( or for that reason , any product . )

who knows who programmed the existing Anti Virus like Norton , ESET , Avast etc etc

( or any product we use daily , not just limited to Hardwares or Softwares or computers )

an Iranian , an Indian , a British , American etc etc ...

or

who is in fact running the lead development team as of now ?

an Iranian , an Indian , a Britisher , American ????

If they build AV good as Norton, Kaspersky or even ESET why not then!

I much don't care who build AV as long they protect me!

In fact AV companies have competition with each other like marathon .now with some risks like stuxnet and Duqu , ... this AV competition convert to political competition and governments manage them. That is the reason why i ask that question. With this political atmosphere do you want to use Iranian software or some thing like that or you want to use Europe AVs or American AVs ...?

majithia23 do have a point. So my answer is a quote from his posting

what does Iran ( or any country in particular ) has to do with an Anti Virus product ( or for that reason , any product . )

It doesn`t matter who produces an AV... If it`s good, welcome! If not, bye,bye ! I don`t care which country or Identity produces software... ( but I do care if it is an atomic bomb...)

majithia23

i think the Governments , anywhere , have bigger and more important concerns to deal with rather than funding Anti Malware projects .

The Oil , The Nukes , The Climate Change , Terrorism , Failing Economies ..........

i think the Governments , anywhere , have bigger and more important concerns to deal with rather than funding Anti Malware projects .

The Oil , The Nukes , The Climate Change , Terrorism , Failing Economies ..........

For all of that,they do this bro :) Can you tell me why some bodies create risk like stuxnet or duqu?

if it is good why bother to use if it made by Iran or some other country but pls don't make it a political issue in the forums

I know what you say.my friends in this forums know i only discussion on software topic so it's not political discussion.I think every one wants to discussion about AV must know about politic. :)

If they offer more/better protection than Kaspersky, Symantec, ESET, Avira, Avast, Bitdefender, Emsisoft and Comodo, then yes, I would !

When people can use Chrome made by Google, I don't see the harm in using stuff made in Iran as long as it can keep me invested & interested enough. :)

It's the creation and not the creator that matters - wherever there's a light you can bet there's a crack.

I don't fully trust on big AV companies, they can steal private information with no problem... but, outside are many trojans/virus/malware so you use them, I don't see any disadvantage on using an AV from Iran, as people said above, as long as it does its job.

grouchysmurf

I will answer that question with another question....

Do you know why I sit here taking time to type a message

and then send it out for who ever to see?

The simple answer is.....

I wish to talk with who ever I damn well please, and NOT what some idiot

bureaucrat tells tells me I can, in short, I am tired of being told how to think.

I will test/use/support any worthy program in the cyberworld. It does not matter where in the world

it was written. Sometimes I get bad ones, sometimes I get good ones.

It does not have a damn thing to do with what language someone speaks...programing language knows no borders.

I think it is the only truly free thing on the planet. C++ is the same here as it is where you are at. So is any other

programing language.

That is why we must not ever allow political buttheads to ruin this world. They have already ruined the outside world.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled program :wtf:

there is iranian antivirus: http://www.instantvi....com/index.html

I read up on this at their site. Unfortunately, I cannot find any lab analysis done, nor do they offer a trial version. So, I will just have to wait and see.

Archived