NOD32 found Trojan

jonahlomu

Hi,

today I made a scan with my nod32 and it founded an infection.

It found trojandownloader/zlobtrojan and it quarantined.

I would like to understand better what to do...have I to let the files quarantined

or I can simply deleted them? If I press with the right button one of the options is to

remove, but i don't understand if the program really delete the file or not and if is

better to delete these files, or simply let them quarantined.

Thanks for any info about it.

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In quarantine or deleted in fact doesn't really matter... So if the files you found are .exe files with weird names(like km382s.exe or downloader.exe) you can easily remove them(since they're probably not yours), but if the infected files are system files or personal files you should just keep them quarantined.

However I would always use two programs additional to your AV, these programs are Trojan Remover and Spybot S&D(you can find them both on our frontpage).

In quarantine or deleted in fact doesn't really matter... So if the files you found are .exe files with weird names(like km382s.exe or downloader.exe) you can easily remove them(since they're probably not yours), but if the infected files are system files or personal files you should just keep them quarantined.

However I would always use two programs additional to your AV, these programs are Trojan Remover and Spybot S&D(you can find them both on our frontpage).

Trojan remover Serial no longer valid :)

Trojan remover Serial no longer valid :)

Install build 2539, 2540 or 2541 and register it with the serial, then install 2542 update over it.

I just downloaded the version from the homepage, and that serial, directly says it's trial period is over ...

downloading previous version atm

edit: still the same, invalid :)

I just downloaded the version from the homepage, and that serial, directly says it's trial period is over ...

That's weird because it's working just fine here with build 2542... We're going to have to search for a new patch then :unsure:

That's weird because it's working just fine here with build 2542... We're going to have to search for a new patch then :unsure:

I believe resurrection is already working on a new patch

If not, you can reset the trial :

0 - Close Trojan Remover

1 - Open regedit

2 - Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Licenses

3 - Delete the first 3 "REG_BINARY" keys (in my case : {09AF235961F027E5D} & {I3BCE016723643112} & {I9AF235961F027E5D}) OR just delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Licenses (at least IN MY CASE, just has those 3 values).

4 - Close RegEdit and run Trojan Remover

Works for me, seems to do the trick. :)

edit: still the same, invalid :fool:

---------------------------------------------------

Broke 23 :

Go to Topic "Crack Heads" Page 19, Post 363 and download.Then just have to follow instructions.

cheers

Jofre

edit: still the same, invalid :P

Broke 23 :

Go to Topic "Crack Heads" Page 19, Post 363 and download.Then just have to follow instructions.

cheers

Jofre

Tried it, but even with version 2539 after inserting the key, it says "license key expired"

take note: I tried in stalling it before, removed it by just uninstalling it. Can it be stuff is left behind ? (as my trial period is over, I think i used it before, not sure though)

if so ? how to remove the necessary stuff ?

btw i tried deleting those registry strings told earlier, and then tried your way jofre, not working

edit: still the same, invalid :P

Broke 23 :

cheers

Jofre

Tried it, but even with version 2539 after inserting the key, it says "license key expired"

take note: I tried in stalling it before, removed it by just uninstalling it. Can it be stuff is left behind ? (as my trial period is over, I think i used it before, not sure though)

if so ? how to remove the necessary stuff ?

btw i tried deleting those registry strings told earlier, and then tried your way jofre, not working

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Probably you inserted before some key that still is in Registry...

I would suggest a small program that doesn`t even needs installation, but you have first to do a Registry backup before using it. It`s name : Registry Trash Keys Finder. Are you interested ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would suggest a small program that doesn`t even needs installation, but you have first to do a Registry backup before using it. It`s name : Registry Trash Keys Finder. Are you interested ?

Sure, why not :P

Sure, why not :P

Some programs like these can hurt your registry and stop your computer from booting, I'm not trying to scare you but it's just so you know.

You could(I always do in cases like this) just manually search the registry for Trojan Remover's leftover keys. Just use Start > Run > regedit.exe > Enter and search for Trojan Remover, delete every key found and then press F3 to search for the next key(if you find multiple keys all regarding to Trojan Remover in one 'folder' then you should delete the whole 'folder' or of course when you find a whole 'folder' named Trojan Remover, SimplySup or Simply Super Software). (You should also search for the companies name(SimplySup and Simply Super Software))

Btw: Trojan Remover 6.7.2 build 2544 is out, I'm going to install(and frontpage) it right now.

@ shought, done that. Now what ? Do as jofre said in that crack topic ?

Nah, run CCleaner and clean your registry, reboot and then do as jofre said ;)

Archived