The World's First PC Virus

johndoe

The world's first PC (personal computer) virus (non-malicious by the way), how it was created, where, why and by whom...

[media=]

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice share! Thanks! :) Interesting to know that the worlds first virus wasn't harmful... But a question rises here, how do they know it was the first virus in the world? Maybe someone created one before them? :D

• Administrator

Yup. I remember I had posted two articles on this matter.

One of them is this, but I can't find another one. Was a little surprised and glad.

Nice share! Thanks! :) Interesting to know that the worlds first virus wasn't harmful... But a question rises here, how do they know it was the first virus in the world? Maybe someone created one before them? :D

There was a virus prior to that one but it for for the Apple Mac (that part is mentioned in this video) but really, the personal computing world was very limited in those days, not like now, with the internet and all so most probably they got their stats right. off topic, the video brought back memories of my days going around from one place to another carrying those 5.25" disks. my first virus wasn't as benign as brain. it was Michaelangelo

grouchysmurf

So, as I sit here and reflect on this video, with my Frankenstein system, glowing blue multi-fan tower,

wireless optical mouse/keyboard, flat panel monitor with settings so high I can see you typing your response,

and the 7.1 digital surround sound system, I am reminded of days long since buried.

Days of the monochrome monitors, giant IBM/Cannon ball printer terminals with the reams of

"watermelon" paper spewing out the top, Atari pong game with all its wires everywhere, and of course

the 5.1" floppy disks which I use to store all that great "basic" programing, some I made, others I, um, er, borrowed,

I raise my wine glass and salute all of you with whom I share those memories with.

You see, we did not know it at the time, but we helped to give birth to a new idea of world wide freedom.

The freedom to talk with one another, the freedom to share ideas, the freedom to decide that no matter what

corrupted government is in charge, no matter what kind of brainwashing they try to do to us, we do not hate each other.

I do not wish to harm those I call friend, and I do not believe they wish to harm me.

This tool, invention, global happening or whatever label you wish to give it, has brought us closer together than any other time

in this planets history.

Do you suppose that the governments of the world are afraid that we just might come to the unified decision that they are....obsolete?

I tip my wine glass to you, the cyberworld in which I too exist. May we one day shake hands in the "real" world. For now, this will do.

P.S. The 5.1 floppy made great wall decoration too :)

Archived