Upgrade windows 7 professional to windows 7 ultimate.

liquidsnake.hitman

liquidsnake.hitman

Hello there,

I had installed windows 7 professional a year back. I have been observing from the past few months that the system frequently crashes and i get BSOD's. I have been thinking of upgrading from professional to ultimate. However i dont want to clean instal. I was thinking of doing a inplace ugradation. What i want to know is whether doing so will erase all my user accounts,installed software, movies, games etc?? Another point is that i also have Windows XP installed i.e i have a dual boot. Any help will be really appreciated.

Thank You.

My system specs are

AMD X4 940BE

4GB RAM

1TB HDD

HD4890 1GB Graphics Card.

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello there,

I had installed windows 7 professional a year back. I have been observing from the past few months that the system frequently crashes and i get BSOD's. I have been thinking of upgrading from professional to ultimate. However i dont want to clean instal. I was thinking of doing a inplace ugradation.

This is something I do for a living and I know that no matter what, in the end you'll perform your in-place upgrade. :(

I'd strongly (very strongly) suggest you do a clean re-install, instead - your system is not the right candidate for an in-place upgrade (the crashes & BSODs will be carried forward to the new Ultimate OS and manifest themselves sooner than later.)

I'd consider this as a opportune time to learn about backing up individual applications, programs & games apart from the usual data backups that one is used to. ;)

Hello there,

I had installed windows 7 professional a year back. I have been observing from the past few months that the system frequently crashes and i get BSOD's. I have been thinking of upgrading from professional to ultimate. However i dont want to clean instal. I was thinking of doing a inplace ugradation.

This is something I do for a living and I know that no matter what, in the end you'll perform your in-place upgrade. :(

I'd strongly (very strongly) suggest you do a clean re-install, instead - your system is not the right candidate for an in-place upgrade (the crashes & BSODs will be carried forward to the new Ultimate OS and manifest themselves sooner than later.)

I'd consider this as a opportune time to learn about backing up individual applications, programs & games apart from the usual data backups that one is used to. ;)

Great advice.

I think you should backup all your stuff and make a clean install.

If your win work like you described then it's most likely that some went wrong during the time and this is right time to refresh system;)

And update drivers also.

Regards

Technology

Hello there,

I had installed windows 7 professional a year back. I have been observing from the past few months that the system frequently crashes and i get BSOD's. I have been thinking of upgrading from professional to ultimate. However i dont want to clean instal. I was thinking of doing a inplace ugradation. What i want to know is whether doing so will erase all my user accounts,installed software, movies, games etc?? Another point is that i also have Windows XP installed i.e i have a dual boot. Any help will be really appreciated.

Thank You.

My system specs are

AMD X4 940BE

4GB RAM

1TB HDD

Same advise here, backup any data if you have and then make clean installation. Any chance if you have any viruses or registry problems which later on becomes headache, truth me I recently was in your shoes though I had registry problems made my life insane, I had no other choose but to install Windows 7 Ultimate from scratch..

As it has been said above, it´s not a good idea to in place upgrade an unstable system. Backup your data, do a clean install and enjoy. If BSODs and other problems appears again then you´ll know for sure that your hardware has some problem.

visualbuffs

Hello there,

Thank You.

My system specs are

AMD X4 940BE

4GB RAM

1TB HDD

just find "windows anytime upgrade" from the start menu search pane or control panel link

and then follow the instruction

enter this key

http://pastebin.com
/5QmjPwx5

this key will grant you to upgrade from any version to ultimate! well in a later time windows will not accept this key BUT

you are already have windows 7 ultimate....!! :D

all you have to do is active your win7 ultimate using loader or i recommend you to remove the WAT only!! :D hope it helps

Archived