Copier software you use?

visualbuffs

Copier Software you Use  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Copier Software you Use

• extreme copy
    • tera copy
    • windows default ( don't have 3rd party software)
    • other (please specify in the comment)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 32
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Copier software needed in Windows 8/8.1... Already fast and fluid.. :lol:

Windows copy - used from the context menu - for small quick copy jobs from the context menu ...NEVER USED FOR MAJOR OPERATIONS; IT GIVES NO WAY OF SPECIFYING THE OVERWRITE METHOD "Stop, A file with the same name already exists" "Stop, Yes/No/OK" "Stop, Nag Nag Nag" "Stop, Blah Blah Blah""

FastCopy - installed - used from the context menu - for larger demanding copy jobs where the overwrite method can be specified and it also gives me informative feedback from its minimalist unbloated interface (which I like).

XXCOPY 3.08 (Pro Edition) *** - not installed - this is a command line program and has hundreds of switches; it is super powerful and will perform any kind of copy operation your mind can dream up...and I REALLY mean anything !! I use this tool for massive critical copy operations.

.....It is shareware and it will nag you for a license and the EXE does not want to run standalone and likes to use the registry for settings.

.....One day, I had enough of this bullshit so I cracked the fuck out of it using OllyDbg, W32Dasm and Hex Workshop...I removed all its dependencies so the EXE runs standalone and portable from any location.

.....I also created a very interesting GUI for it (using AutoHotkey).

*** the reason I use version 3.08 is because it's the last build which also works on Windows 2000 (it works fine with all the newer x86 Windows NT5 and NT6 systems too...so why the hell should I upgrade ?)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived