Nokia could run out of cash soon, say analysts

nsane.forums

nsane.forums

A survey of 30 financial analysts by Reuters shows that some of them are afraid that Nokia could run out of its current 4.9 billion euro cash reserve as early as 2013.

Nokia has a sales hit on its hands with the Lumia 900, at least in the US and the company has said that demand for the Windows Phone device is still exceeding supply. But will that be enough to save the mobile phone maker? Maybe not, says a new survey via Reuters of 30 financial analysts.

The story states that Nokia has already used up 2.1 billion euros in the past five quarters. On average, the financial analysts believe Nokia could burn through another 2 billion euros in cash in the next three quarters. The most pessimistic of the analysts that were surveyed believe that Nokia could use up all of its current 4.9 billion euros cash reserve amount in 2013.

Even with the Lumia 900's sales success, some analysts believe it won't be enough to save Nokia. Nancy Utterback, a credit strategist at Aviva Investors, stated, "Nokia's Lumia was an attempt to catch up, but it was simply too little too late."

Some analysts believe that if Nokia continues to falter financially, it could get some help from Microsoft. The Lumia smartphone line up is the flagship of the Windows Phone family and Microsoft could step in with some extra money to keep Nokia alive as it seeks to expand the market share for Windows Phone.

Posted Image View: Original Article

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good riddance. Nokia makes awful, expensive and complicated phones.

Tweety.Abd

Soon, they will be running out of brain including with cash.. ;)

They already ran out of brain long ago.

calguyhunk

Kinda' sad if Nokia goes the Kodak way. Oh! well :mellow:

i can has no phone that breaks floor no moe? LOL :P (intended spelling error mind you lol)

calguyhunk

^ Yeah, that was their strength, wasn't it? I remember throwing my mom's Nokia in anger :P against the wall with all the strength in my arm way back in 2002/03 (when I was a kid ;)) and absolutely everything came off. The screen, the circuit board, you name it. But once I diligently and painstakingly put it back together myself, I kid you not, it was as if nothing had ever happened to it. And the battery just never drained either. Ever. Amazing :)

On the other hand, my Motorola was an absolute piece of junk. The battery hardly lasted beyond a day (and this is a dumbphone from early last decade I'm talking 'bout) and the thing gave out within the guarantee period. Once it was repaired under the guarantee, it happened again in a few months. This time I threw it away and got a Nokia that I used till late 2010 when I got the Optimus One - my first Android :D

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooo K I A.... the name explains it all.... K I A is a shitty car :)

chlorophyll

nokia shud launch android full fledge or else nokia wil be fkcued off..

Tweety.Abd

I'm not sure if they can do that, they're already invested heavily on Windows Phone.

chlorophyll

mow a days none bothered abt windows phone n ymbian etc

only android n then iphone ruling da mobile market,no other option to nokia to ave itself from compettition n crisis...

hope nokia steps into android platform sooon

PurplebeanZ

Windows phone OS > Android :P

• Administrator

I'm not sure if they can do that, they're already invested heavily on Windows Phone.

Actually, the proper reason would be that as per the undisclosed agreement with M$, they would probably be forbidden to make Android phones. :)

You are the 5% :P

calguyhunk

You are the 5% :P

He'll just claim that he's individualistic and not off the assembly line. Though some of us may feel he's 'special' :P

Archived