• Personal Firewall
  • Neater GUI with activity status
http://www.eset.com/beta/v6

• Replies 56
  • Views 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Technology

That looks quite good improve from Eset in v6...Hoping to put additional, safety and security features...

Changes in ESET Smart Security 6.0.11.0 Beta:

* Anti-Theft – Automatically monitors a missing device and displays its position on a map based on visible Wi-Fi networks in range when it comes online. It allows the user to access the gathered information at my.eset.com, allowing him/her to watch the thief via built-in camera without him knowing.

* Personal Firewall (ESET Smart Security 6 BETA only) – Prevents unauthorized users accessing the computer and taking advantage of personal data. The users can go online to shop, bank and use social media without worries.

* Parental Control (ESET Smart Security 6 BETA only) – With this feature, the user can keep kids safe on the internet and choose which categories of sites to block according to age.

* Idle-State Scanning – Performs in-depth scan when the computer is not being used, aiding system performance and detecting potential inactive threats before they can cause any damage. The new product also performs scans already while downloading files. Conserves computer power when in battery mode by turning off idle-state scanning.

* Scan While Downloading Files – Decreases scanning time by scanning specific file types − such as archives or smartphone updates − already during the download process.

Download ESET Smart Security 6 Beta for 32-bit Windows

Download ESET Smart Security 6 Beta for 64-bit Windows

Memory usage decreased by 4 times. v5 using around 80mb while v6 using 20mb. Not checked I/O usage.

Scanning speed increased.

Sl@pSh0ck™

Memory usage decreased by 4 times. v5 using around 80mb while v6 using 20mb. Not checked I/O usage.

Scanning speed increased.

Nice info! I might give Eset another shot :)

mastershake

mine was using under 30mb and is now back up to around 80-90 not sure why the large jump the computer was literally just turned back on and saw the huge jump...

ESET Smart Security 6 Beta

Next generation of the ultimate protection against Internet threats, cybercriminals, and hackers. Now with Anti-theft to protect against computer theft or loss, plus an intelligent firewall, advanced antispam technology and parental controls.

Learn More

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 6 Beta

Get our most advanced antivirus and antispyware technology yet in the 6th generation of the legendary NOD32 bloodline and enjoy fast, light and proactive protection against viruses, trojans, worms, hackers and other cyber threats.

Learn More

http://www.eset.com/us/beta/

• Administrator

Had to leave ESET due to severe CPU spikes that started from 5.x. Will be back to it if they fix them in 6.0. :)

AlienForce1

Had to leave ESET due to severe CPU spikes that started from 5.x. Will be back to it if they fix them in 6.0. :)

I am using now EAV5.2.9.1 on this computer (at work , 1 GB RAM) and I don`t see any CPU spikes ...

unknownasphyxiated

cpu spikes happen to me during windows update installing updates..probably due to hips

• Administrator

cpu spikes happen to me during windows update installing updates..probably due to hips

It used to get spikes all the time the computer was on. But that's an interesting point you've mentioned, HIPS. :think:

I had the HIPS to auto, that might have some roles to play.

Nevertheless, I'm trying out different AVs before v6 becomes final. :)

unknownasphyxiated

did you use any real time defrag software?that might cause the spikes...i change to UD after got problem with diskeeper..

• Administrator

did you use any real time defrag software?that might cause the spikes...i change to UD after got problem with diskeeper..

Diskeeper is a major problem is this case, but I use PerfectDisk which isn't as "live" as DK.

I feel it's related to my constant seeding of torrents, but I had excluded my torrent clients from web access protection scanning.

Thanks for the update Freddyfre. We are currently not listing the beta version of this though.

Sl@pSh0ck™

TOPICS MERGED - lets continue the discussion about ESET v6 Beta in this thread.

Archived