SuperSpeed: SuperCacheSuperVolume

KotaXor

Hi,

I am using this software in one of my slow computer and it seem to speed up access to files. It seem to work like SystemBooster XP.

What are SuperCache and SuperVolume?

SuperCache and SuperVolume are software devices that can greatly enhance disk performance. Hard drives tend to be among the slowest devices in a computer system. SuperCache and SuperVolume put hard disk data in RAM to dramatically accelerate programs and services that frequently or constantly access that disk data.

SuperCache is the product of choice when the size of the data requiring accelerated access is larger than available system memory. SuperCache leverages available memory to accelerate data of a very large sizes. It also supports the 'tuning' of its cache to extract peak performance from a particular application or server.

SuperVolume is the best choice when the size of the data to be accelerated is less than the available system memory. In this case, all disk data is stored in RAM, as well as on the disk, resulting in the fastest access times possible.

Both SuperCache and SuperVolume support write-through and write-deferred modes. In write-through mode, all write data is immediately saved to disk, effectively eliminating any additional risk of data loss due to a power failure or a system crash. In write-deferred mode, write data is immediately written to RAM, and at a later time written to disk. By deferring writes in this way, extremely high performance is possible for applications and services that modify large quantities of data.

Anyone using this? Does it work?

thanks!

PS: Sry miss out most of the write-out earlier.

• Replies 17
  • Views 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like a great program! I'm going to try this one out, as I want to see what more features it has compared to SystemBoosterXP ;)

I'll report with results later.

If anyone is wondering, the homepage: http://www.superspeed.com/

And for the full download(fix included): http://thepiratebay.org/search/SuperCache%...2%200%20EMBRACE

Tested and confirmed working.

Seems like a great program! I'm going to try this one out, as I want to see what more features it has compared to SystemBoosterXP ;)

I'll report with results later.

If anyone is wondering, the homepage: http://www.superspeed.com/

And for the full download(fix included): http://thepiratebay.org/search/SuperCache%...2%200%20EMBRACE

Tested and confirmed working.

Thanks shought for the link, tried to upload to mediafire but not successful.

Please try it out.....seem working quite well for me. The best thing is no configuration required. lol (getting damn lazy lately)!

Please try it out.....seem working quite well for me. The best thing is no configuration required. lol (getting damn lazy lately)!

No problem ;)

But you actually do have to configure it... You have to set it up according to their user guide(Start > All Programs > SuperSpeed).

No problem :sneaky:

But you actually do have to configure it... You have to set it up according to their user guide(Start > All Programs > SuperSpeed).

Yah, go to My Computer, right-click C: and choose Properties and then Performance tab. I set it at default, hehehe (lazy) don't know if it is the correct setting though, and that's it.

Hope you can come up with some instruction on this though.

How to benchmark test?

Seem Ok at default.

I didn't decide to keep it, since SystemBoosterXP does exactly the same and more, I hoped that this would have more options, but instead it has less :sneaky: They do have some interesting concepts though, making a HD out of RAM(appears to OS) which is extremely fast.

I didn't decide to keep it, since SystemBoosterXP does exactly the same and more, I hoped that this would have more options, but instead it has less :sneaky: They do have some interesting concepts though, making a HD out of RAM(appears to OS) which is extremely fast.

yeah, and putting the most frequent used program there. But how much to allocate (in theory there is a range) for volume and cache. (headache),

Hi shought,

How about a vaccine :fear: please for SystemBoosterXP icon14.gif

Hi shought,

It is really so hard to use google?

Almost forgot, you need to download and install RamDisk in order to activate the SuperVolume, which will increase the performance.

Hi shought,

It is really so hard to use google?

Is it really so hard to search the forums?

HINT

:P but from reading the Forum's posts it sounded like a new topic on a new software, wasn't being lazy.

I now know that you have done quite a bit of work on it already recently.

Thanks for that.

How effective is it really for a novice ;) to use?

I have read that more programs one has to supplement XP, the slower the system becomes due to increased use of resources - i think the article was called "The myths of tweaking XP", suggesting that XP was designed for optimum performance out of the box.

Your comments/opinions please.

:P but from reading the Forum's posts it sounded like a new topic on a new software, wasn't being lazy.

I now know that you have done quite a bit of work on it already recently.

Thanks for that.

How effective is it really for a novice :P to use?

I have read that more programs one has to supplement XP, the slower the system becomes due to increased use of resources - i think the article was called "The myths of tweaking XP", suggesting that XP was designed for optimum performance out of the box.

Your comments/opinions please.

No problem, I wasn't trying to insult you, just giving you a HINT ;)

Give me your system specs and I can tell you something about what changes you will see(e.g. heartbreaking or 'just a lil' faster').

That article is totally right, 'suggesting that XP was designed for optimum performance out of the box' is a myth. (Yes, I know it didn't mean that, but I do) You can't create an OS that has optimum performance on every computer, every setup differs and therefor you need to know what kind of setup you have and tweak it to match.

shought,

Thanks for your comments & your offer of help.

Not knowing exactly what spec info you might need of my pc, herewith some basic info:

Desktop, 2.8Ghz Intel Pentium, 512meg RAM, 160GB H/D, Nvidia GTS2 Pro graphics card, Sound Blaster Live! Platinum,

XP Pro SP3, 16MB Sky Broadband through Netgear Router.

Firefox3, ZoneAlarm ver.7 ISS, Giant Spyware.

shought,

Thanks for your comments & your offer of help.

Not knowing exactly what spec info you might need of my pc, herewith some basic info:

Desktop, 2.8Ghz Intel Pentium, 512meg RAM, 160GB H/D, Nvidia GTS2 Pro graphics card, Sound Blaster Live! Platinum,

XP Pro SP3, 16MB Sky Broadband through Netgear Router.

Firefox3, ZoneAlarm ver.7 ISS, Giant Spyware.

That's all info I need.

Considering your specs I'd say you use approx 350-425 MB of memory(Press Ctrl-Alt-Del and check the Memory use(down right corner)) That means you still have 90-160 MB doing, well, nothing. If you'd fill up that amount of memory with application files of(for instance) Firefox, Winamp, your mail program of choice or your office program of choice can you imagine the difference it will make in load times? The 'response time' of your RAM is 50-100 times faster than your HD. This is how SystemBoosterXP works, it will load these programs you use frequently into the memory by default.

I think your performance improvements will be 'general' as in (depending on the age, speed and rate of fragmentation of your HD) maybe 1-2 seconds time saved when loading Firefox. SystemBoosterXP works best in companion with UltimateDefrag 2008(when your files are defragmented, they will load faster because the I/O head of the HD won't have to move as much as normally).

shought,

Many thanks for your response.

At the time of writing with only Firefox3 running, there is 175MB of free memory.

My system has only recently been re-load on a brand new hard-drive due to the failure of the previous drive & has been defragged with Ultimate Defrag on strict Folder Placement setting & at the start of every session, straight after boot/re-boot, I use Defraggler & at the end of every session I use Ccleaner.

Would you recommend I Install SystemBoosterXP & will the benefits be noticeable or use a Tweaking software to tweak it to speed up/optimise my PC, or both.

Also which tweaking software would you recommend or/& do you have a list of system tweaks that I could use

shought,

Many thanks for your response.

At the time of writing with only Firefox3 running, there is 175MB of free memory.

My system has only recently been re-load on a brand new hard-drive due to the failure of the previous drive & has been defragged with Ultimate Defrag on strict Folder Placement setting & at the start of every session, straight after boot/re-boot, I use Defraggler & at the end of every session I use Ccleaner.

Would you recommend I Install SystemBoosterXP & will the benefits be noticeable or use a Tweaking software to tweak it to speed up/optimise my PC, or both.

Also which tweaking software would you recommend or/& do you have a list of system tweaks that I could use

You might like to search the Guide and Tutorial pages for these. Sought and spasserfan has put in a lot of effort.

cheers!

Archived