ESET Smart Security 5.2.9.1

anuraag

ESET Smart Security 5 offers advanced detection technologies and multi-layered security features. Designed for a low footprint, fast scanning, it packs security features and customization options for consistent and personalized security on- or offline. ESET Smart Security 5 is built on ESET's unique heuristic technology that identifies viruses that have never been seen before. This enables them to protect your computer proactively, in real-time, against new viruses and cyber threats that conventional signature-based antivirus products don't catch. ESET Smart Security 5 has all the same features as ESET NOD32 Antivirus with the addition of parental controls, antispam module, and an intelligent firewall.

Download

• Replies 34
  • Views 13.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now it has one hips rule name

Allow registry access and driver loading required for successful boot

changelog

Enhancement: Added info about need of switching SSL filtering ON in a case of filtering HTTPs sites by Parental within Parental Control setup screen

Enhancement: Several smaller enhancements within Parental Control Setup and management

Enhancement: Admin of Parental control could choose role of Windows Account by entering person‘s age configuring Parental Control

Enhancement: Information about not filtering Parental Control added in the Home Screen

Enhancement: Added Statistics of Scanned Files in the main Home Screen

Enhancement: Added more information about running processes reputation from ESET Live Grid

Support: Able to activate product using proxy server

Support: Ability to use the renewal keys in product

Added: Web page Exceptions could have priorities

Added: Settings for Removable Media blocking and Antirootkit (Antistealth) present in main User Interface under Setup

Fix: Network profile dialog window popping up repeatedly

Fix: Shadow of the "quick menu" is being re-painted during opening

Fix: Issues with detection of emails in Windows Live Mail 2011

Fix: GUI opened in a large window

Fix: Advanced scanning options are not working in Computer Scan

Fix: irrelevant notification bubble is being shown when no action is required

Fix: issues with stopping of ESET service during installation

Fix: Runtime error with HP Protect Tools, ESET GUI crash

Fix: Removable media blocking functionality does not block devices for particular Windows Accounts

Fix: Some pages with certain category are evaluated as not categorized by ESET Smart Security Parental Control functionality

Fix: Files are still scanned by real-time protection after switching it off

Fix: Issues with importing Antispam global lists from ESET Smart Security v4 to ESET Smart Security v5

Fix: ESET GUI crashes under some circumstances while editing ESET Firewall profiles

Fix: Schedule update task cannot be started from main menu in SysRescue User Interface

Fix: Several Crashing of ESET User Interface under some circumstances

Fix: Wrong tooltips within Antispam dialog Windows

Fix: Activated product reports it's not activated

Fix: Parental control still enabled in ESET User Interface despite of Protocol filtering is disabled

Fix: IMAPS,POP3S checking of protocols and ports for selected applications does not work correctly

Fix: Notification window about disabling some type of protection is not displayed if some other protection is already disabled

Fix: inconsistence in status for updated virus signature database within User Interface

Fix: Any windows user can force execution of planed task

Fix: issues with managment of web page filtering exceptions for Parental Control

Fix: SSL filtering in Chrome does not work under some circumstances

Source

Thanks for this update ! :D

No need to uninstall previous version 5.0.95. If you do that, then you have to add all the exclusions again !

Knightmare

No sure why, but when I upgraded from 5.0.95 to 5.2.9.1, ESS was slow to load after I restarted my system. Not sure if this is normal or not. Also is it possible to hide the number of scanned objects?

Thanks a lot!!!!!

PS: Spanish version i've downloaded is v5.2.9.12...

Crazycanuk :

Parental Control as the name says, is only needed if you have someone else using your computer, like a child or a friend or a parent and you want to avoid that those family members or friends change configurations you did on Eset.

If only you use the computer, open Eset, enter Advanced Setup / Parental Control and unmark --»" Integrate into system ".

Also, if only you use the Computer, you do not need a Password to enter Eset - « Advanced Setup ». Go to Eset --» Advanced Setup / User interface / Access setup and unmark --» « Password protect settings ».

If you use a Password do not loose it or you will be in trouble . If you forget the password then you have to uninstall ESET and install again ...

Cheers! for the heads up. ;)

. Also is it possible to hide the number of scanned objects?

Yes, you can scan what you want . For example, if you choose to scan C:\ , enter Advanced Setup / Computer / Computer scan / scan targets (setup), and here you can choose what you pretend to scan.

...not sure if this was your question... :)

I forgot my password when I set up and installed 5.095 version to protect my settings. How can I uninstall it or make changes with out remembering what my password was?

Thanks for the help!

AlienForce1

I forgot my password when I set up and installed 5.095 version to protect my settings. How can I uninstall it or make changes with out remembering what my password was?

Thanks for the help!

In that case you will have to uninstall nod32 using the ESET Uninstaller :

Windows 7/2008 R2/2008

Windows Vista/Home Server/XP/2003 R2/2003/2000

If you need more details read here : http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2289

NOD32 Offline Update 7140 (20120515)

NOD32 Offline Update 71xx will update the following:

Virus signature database:

Advanced heuristics module:

Anti-Stealth support module:

Archive support module:

Update module:

Cleaner module:

Personal firewall module:

Antispam module:

System status module:

Self-defence support module:

Antivirus and antispyware scanner module:

https://rapidshare.com/#!download|737p1|2034912680|_NOD32_Offline_Update_7140__20120515__Whi_.rar

https://hotfile.com/dl/155996882/fed13fe/_NOD32_Offline_Update_7140__20120515__Whi_.rar.html

Knightmare

. Also is it possible to hide the number of scanned objects?

Yes, you can scan what you want . For example, if you choose to scan C:\ , enter Advanced Setup / Computer / Computer scan / scan targets (setup), and here you can choose what you pretend to scan.

...not sure if this was your question... :)

No, it's like a ticker above the validity of the license.

after install the new ESS I got issues with my Outlook 2010 IMAP it wouldnt sync my emails... disabling the firewall didnt work... unistalling ESS worked! wtf? anyone encounter the same issue?

killahertz

Thanks for the update ;)

Really need some help with serial key though, unable to find one that works :sadwalk:

Can someone please help ?

after install the new ESS I got issues with my Outlook 2010 IMAP it wouldnt sync my emails... disabling the firewall didnt work... unistalling ESS worked! wtf? anyone encounter the same issue?

Right click the ESET icon in the SysTray Notification Area > Advanced setup... > Web and email > Email client protection > IMAP, IMAPS > (here you'll find the cause of your grief.)

Archived