protowall vs peerguardian

Guest oxygenuk

Guest oxygenuk

the question is whats gonna protect my ass more from getting screwed from companys fighting against piracy and p2p?

make ya comments/votes :lol:

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they're both just as effective at blocking IPs, but, peerguardian 2 is alot better than protowall now (features and speed wise) :lol:

the question is  whats gonna protect my ass more from getting screwed from companys fighting against piracy and p2p?

make ya comments/votes  :lol:

you also have to manually setup protowall. which is confusing so you have to get their help site with picture by picutre of how to do it.

SliverSamuel

true, i was too lazy, so i swiched to peerguardian :lol:

true, i was too lazy, so i swiched to peerguardian :lol:

Same here ......

Even after going thru there websites...and all that effort went to waste...

My system would not work with it ...

So left it altogether....

SliverSamuel

PG RULZ!!!

• 1 year later...

Was googling this subject and this thread came into the search results.... It's obvious that the favorite here is PeerGuardian 2, which, I also use. But recently Peerguardian 2 has been having troubles updating IP lists, and that has bothered me. Naturally, I go to the Blocklist Manager to try and get an extra list for PG2 to do my own alternate form up list updating, but it seems to be wanting Peerguardian 1.99's guarding.p2p list for the app locations. Checking PG2's directory, it seems the new file extension is .list. I'm unsure if that's .p2p just renamed or not, or if I can get .p2p lists to work, but basically I just want to have blocklists from the Blocklist Manager in with the mix of PeerGuardian 2's lists. Usually I would be able to figure something of this nature out, but the Blocklist Manager doesn't seem to be so straight forward to accomplishing this.... And as nubbish as it sounds, I actually do have both PeerGuardian 2 and Protowall running at the same time right now. And yes, I do know how lame that sounds.

If anyone can shed some light for me, tha'd be great.

• Administrator

PG2 uses a binary format, that the blocklist manger doesn't handle. The updater in PG is quite powerful and with it you can download all the lists you would want to using the BLM..... You just need to change the lists.

Archived