Bypass Router Mac Address Block Using Virtual Computers

Micah J Berman

Micah J Berman

TESTING ENVIRONMENT

Host-OS: Windows 7 Home Premium <<< You need a windows host computer.

Software: Vmware Workstation 8.2

Software: Virtualbox 4.1+

Computer-OS-Vware: Windows 7 Enterprise

Computer-OS-Vbox: Mac OS X Lion (iATKOS Distro)

Internet Connection: Ethernet Adapter (for newbies NOT TESTED USING WIRELESS ADAPTERS)

Router Encryption: WPA2-PSK

Previous/already-provided Access?: Yes

INTRODUCTION

Considering bypassing your router is extremely hard to do without having to purchase or download bruteforce/cracking software this solution should work for just about any router. Please post any kind of issue and/or questions, remember this is highly feeble and may not work on your router.

Download the software mentioned above (i suggest finding a full/distributed version, and i suggest buying it if necessary) and configure it to your specifications, this tutorial is to show you how i bypassed my router not how to install vmware and use it. If you have any issues with installing, downloading, or creating a virtual computer, seek help else-ware (i may post a tutorial on how to install a virtual computer if there aren't any already on the forum).

Now ensure you are connected to the internet with an Ethernet cable (if not, i suggest doing so unless you know what you're doing)

INSTRUCTIONS FOR HOST COMPUTER - FOLLOW EVERY STEP

On your host computer go to the start orb, control panel, network(and Internet) connections, Network and Sharing Center, then click on the localhost or whatever your connection name is (if you dont understand what im talking about, it's the connection name that looks like a url link beside a connection icon, in windows 7). Now go to ipv4, hit properties, and edit your ip address to defy your current address. In my case I wanna make my ip address 192.168.1.103 (192.168.1.1 is my default gateway) so i enter 196.168.1.103 in the first textbox, then i do nothing except click once in the second textbox, and finally i enter the default gateway into the third box. If you are unsure of all this, open command prompt and type 'ipconfig /all'.

Also i suggest attempting to change your mac address as well as your dns servers (my dns servers are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.8.6 and you can type this in the boxes under the 'use the following ip address' boxes). To change your mac address i suggest smac ensure however, that you aren't going to be using another computer's mac address and i suggest instead of changing the mac address, just use it restart the adapter when you install either vmware or virtualbox or both.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR VMWARE

Okay, so did you install your operating system yet? If the answer is yes then please continue on, if the answer is no then you'll wanna wait for a while.

What you'll want to do is install vmware tools onto your virtual computer, then install the drivers for your network adapter.

Now go to your virtual computer's settings > Network Adapters > and where it has your connection type make it 'Bridged Adapter' and Replicate the hosts' adapter state. If this fails i suggest changing it back to a NAT adapter (the changing of the virtual computer's adapter type actually can dupe the router if it's a highly encrypted router older than two years.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR VIRTUALBOX

Again, this is not a tutorial on how to use Virtualbox and other such nonsense so please learn how to before starting this tutorial.

I suggest going to your virtualbox's virtual machine properties BEFORE starting the machine and editing the network state to replicate your adapter. So to do this, just go to the settings, edit the network adapter to bridged, and replicated the physical network state. If this doesn't work you can always reset it back to NAT and see if that helps, i did the same thing on Vmware however i never got to test it on the VirtualBox (I bought a new router and patched everything after a network catastrophe a few weeks ago and i personally added every single mac address to the block list i could think of).

HOW IT WORKS

Well, the virtual computer's "false" adapters will dupe the router into thinking they're individual computers without mac address blocks, and since the host computer is connected to the router but not the Internet the virtual computers already have access. So basically it dupes the router and replicates your machine's network state without the restrictions.

DISCLAIMER

I never said it would work, or work properly. However it work(s)(ed) for me and so i just wanted to share it with you guys.

• Replies 2
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Micah J Berman

to override website blocks, time allocations, port blocks, torrent blocks, anything within the router being blocked really.

the thing is, you can only access internet within those computers, however it's a free alternative to... nothing.

Archived