Adobe users must pay for security upgrades

Technology

Technology

Adobe's recent release of patches for Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash Professional, and Shockwave have all been marked critical by the company, but users will be required to pay out of their own pocket for almost all of them.

Posted Image

All of the related vulnerabilities, found in each of Adobe's four software suites, have the potential to allow a remote user to execute arbitrary code and take complete control of the user's computer.

While the patch for Shockwave is free, no such patch is available for CS5.5, or earlier versions of Photoshop, Illustrator, and Flash Professional. Instead, users concerned about the vulnerabilities in these products will be required to purchase upgrades of each product.

According to Adobe's site, it will cost at least $199 U.S. to upgrade to Photoshop CS6, $249 to upgrade to Illustrator CS6, and $99 to upgrade to Flash Professional CS6.

:view: Source

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have they no shame?

Lets say I bought a legit Photoshop extended CS 6 version.

This costs 999.99$ !!! :o

Like I said, I purchased a legit copy.

After a year or so, the company says there are security holes in their software, and they want me to pay more money?!?! :wtf:

And people are surprised why more than 50% of the copies of this program are pirated...

When will GIMP be a good enough replacement?

Technology

Have they no shame?

Lets say I bought a legit Photoshop extended CS 6 version.

This costs 999.99$ !!! :o

Like I said, I purchased a legit copy.

After a year or so, the company says there are security holes in their software, and they want me to pay more money?!?! :wtf:

And people are surprised why more than 50% of the copies of this program are pirated...

When will GIMP be a good enough replacement?

These people don't care..Soon Gimp will be asking for money even..

LOL, they want legit users to pay for security hole update for which they are to blame. Idiots!

Cheers ;)

This will pave the way for plenty of other alternative products, with less bloat. Users will essentially look elsewhere however, adobe products do have some very sophisticated features.

LOL, they want legit users to pay for security hole update for which they are to blame. Idiots!

Cheers ;)

They are not just "idiots",

they are greedy idiots.

I suppose the people who bought the software can afford to pay for the patch/upgrade but the poor :pirate:s cannot afford to pay for the patch - well they will just have to find a updated :pirate:ed copy.

Archived