Nokia phone Bug!

rudrax

Guys I had a nokia 5233 handset..it's quite good phone indeed..used two years without any complain..

Now it got a problem..

The problem is, Surfing around the web, the phone got infected and began to show many problems..I tried scanning with updated antivirus but found nothing..I have completely restored the phone to its factory setting, still no improvement..Then at last I visited the nokia care and got it formatted..

Now all other problems are solved but new one come out..I can't connect to internet..I have called the customer care of the service provider for this problem but they sends the setting for accessing the internet from their side but my phone doesn't receive..I tried manual setting but it failed too..

What could be the reason guys? Is the phone modem dead or what!

• Replies 27
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have tried Opera, UC and phone's default browser..well. I have told that my phone doesn't receive setting so I guess, the browser is not the thing to matter here.

i think dats the problem. which sim card do you use?

you can enter settings manually but it’s better if you use settings sent by service providers.

Switch off your mobile. Remove your SIM card from your Nokia 5233. Insert SIM again and Switch on your Nokia 5233 again. u'll recieve the settings automatically..

I tried with almost every operator..

I know all that if you change SIM, new setting arrives automatically but unfortunately not in my handset currently..

send sms to the service provider for internet settings

AIRCEL : SMS AIRCELWAPHandset Make and Model to 52346(Toll Free) eg-AIRCELWAP Nokia5233 .

AIRTEL : SMS MO To 52567(Toll Free) .

BSNL : SMS Your handset make and Model to 58355 .eg-Type Nokia 5233 & send it to 58355.

IDEA : SMS SET to 54671 for Internet Settings.

RELIANCE : SMS ALL to 55100 .

TATA DOCOMO : SMS INTERNET To 52270 .

VODAFONE : SMS VMC to 52586 .

Thanks for the info m8, but already tried all that..When I called the customer care, they can recognize the model of my phone and sends the setting from their side but it is my phone that don't receives those sent settings, that is the problem.

time to get a new phone..

And time for your butts to get kicked.. :spank:

I would visit again nokia care and ask for reclamation. Obviously they screwed it up.

Cheers ;)

time to get a new phone..

And time for your butts to get kicked.. :spank:

Atleast have some respect man..

How old are you?

How old are you?

i have mentioned in my profile.. k.. 27

I am so sorry about that..I just thought that you would be of my age so mocked you around a bit..Will never happen again..Please don't mind..It is complete my fault..i should have looked at your profile.

• Administrator

Are you on roaming? You should probably on the state where you bought your sim from. I was out of state once when a similar problem happened.

Otherwise, I agree with mara-. Go to Nokia again and hit your phone on their face.

I am so sorry about that..I just thought that you would be of my age so mocked you around a bit..Will never happen again..Please don't mind..It is complete my fault..i should have looked at your profile.

Even if you are older you should respect the other person, the age is not important, being respectful to everyone is a very good habit. :)

it's nt only abt the age. c wen a person is trying to help u irrespective of his/her age b nice to him. u r not going to loose anything. instead of that u'll gain respect from them also... ok ..

Are you on roaming? You should probably on the state where you bought your sim from. I was out of state once when a similar problem happened.

Otherwise, I agree with mara-. Go to Nokia again and hit your phone on their face.

I am not on roaming, got the phone/SIM in the same state.

Yeah I'll go again to nokia..

Go to Nokia again and hit your phone on their face.

:D . it is not their fault....

ok call nokia people again.. or go to the nearest nokia dealer,

Even if you are older you should respect the other person, the age is not important, being respectful to everyone is a very good habit. :)

My motto is like this..

You don't respect anyone, no problem but do care you are not insulting him..

That's all I think and pursue. Indeed I will respect him who wants to be respected, irrespective of age but by default I'll follow my motto.

it's nt only abt the age. c wen a person is trying to help u irrespective of his/her age b nice to him. u r not going to loose anything. instead of that u'll gain respect from them also... ok ..

I am sorry again.

:D . it is not their fault....

ok call nokia people again.. or go to the nearest nokia dealer,

Yeah I'll go to nokia and update here soon

Hey you freaky Rocketman..what are you doing liking around the posts..tell me your age too..you may be my gan'pa's age :P

Hey you freaky Rocketman..what are you doing liking around the posts..tell me your age too..you may be my gan'pa's age :P

:lol:

:lol:

I like to see arguments. What I like better is people mature enough to settle scores amicably and hence the reputations.

BTW, I'm nearly twice the age of rajeesh. ^_^

Archived