avast getting good?

visualbuffs

visualbuffs

do you think guys that avast can protect me from unknown/known viruses?

like ESET???

cos i used avast before .. i think it's version 4 . 4years ago and the performance was good but the effectiveness of the AV was not good

now v7 do you think .. avast get better?

• Replies 51
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Technology

like ESET???

cos i used avast before .. i think it's version 4 . 4years ago and the performance was good but the effectiveness of the AV was not good

For me, what I believe is that Avast is good no douth about it, however, it does have set backs like due to it infrastructure the performance of the system reduces significantly, second, it bugs you off with loud sounds about virus alert and updates. Third, the removal of virus is not very good like other anti viruses. Fourth, virus scan is quite slow. Fifth, Avast is slow to response to the system maybe because of high ram usage...

If you really want Avast I suggest watch some reviews on youtube and IF YOU CAN, install virtual machine and test Avast performance and detection...

visualbuffs

like ESET???

For me, what I believe is that Avast is good no douth about it, however, it does have set backs like due to it infrastructure the performance of the system reduces significantly, second, it bugs you off with loud sounds about virus alert and updates. Third, the removal of virus is not very good like other anti viruses. Fourth, virus scan is quite slow. Fifth, Avast is slow to response to the system maybe because of high ram usage...

If you really want Avast I suggest watch some reviews on youtube and IF YOU CAN, install virtual machine and test Avast performance and detection...

youre wrong .. avast is the most fastest antivirus on earth .. ram usage was too low

youre correct when you say that avast is not good when it comes to cleaning a virus!

thanks for you reply..

i'm not planning to switch to avast.. well im planning to recommend this free av to my fren...

router2004

i believe Avast has the most beautiful UI design on earth...

and their female sexy voice like 'ur virus definition has been updated' that turn me on when i boot my pc every morning...

like ESET???

Running an anti-virus in a VM to tests how well it works is like test driving a new car on the playstation to see how well you like it.

And as stated earlier, Avast is one of the fastest AV search engines around and has a very small foot print.

I have been using AVG, comodo, norton till I find Avast..After I get Avast, never felt it necessary to look for other antivirus products..

i can only comment on the free version...

1..its low on resource

2 its very responsive..

3 just AVERAGE only on ondemand scans (areas where the eset tops most of everyone)

4 you get the complete control of the program( depends on your settings, eg. annoying sounds, popup timers, individual shield control, AWESOME COMPLETE CONTROL OF EXCLUSIONS, clean UI)

5 auto sandbox

6 very frequent updates

i say..those are enough reasons to switch rather than to hassle up cracking eset

just my opinion

LonePirate

Avast has been good for awhile, I've used it since v6(since they turned orange and grey) and love it!

It's very low in ram also is why it's a keeper.

Tweety.Abd

Many recommend Avast, and I do so too, but I do not use it for myself. Why? Because it does not suite my needs/requirements, but in general it's a good and respectable AV. But I'd recommend Norton over it at any day.

My three winners are:

1- Eset

2- Comodo

3- Avast!

Avast has become a little bloated in my opinion, also more intrusive than before and allot more ads! :pos:

As for the sexy voice girl...it doesn't protect you at all. :P

Technology

Many recommend Avast, and I do so too, but I do not use it for myself. Why? Because it does not suite my needs/requirements, but in general it's a good and respectable AV. But I'd recommend Norton over it at any day.

Norton seriously...Bro. :( :o

Technology

My three winners are:

1- Eset

2- Comodo

3- Avast!

I wouldn't put Comodo on 2nd since it mostly depend on HIPS module...And secondly, it detects significant amount of false positives..

Tweety.Abd

Yep seriously mate. I've tested multiple security solutions for considerable period before I made my choice. I like Norton because it suites my needs.

Norton is not perfect in all cases but is a good security suit.

Technology

Yep seriously mate. I've tested multiple security solutions for considerable period before I made my choice. I like Norton because it suites my needs.

oK, COOL...I have couple reviews of Norton, didn't get Satisfaction. But your case I will make an exception...Mate..

avast free antivirus plus comodo firewall (plus common sense) is what i use

Excellent protection and very light on resources

Technology

avast free antivirus plus comodo firewall (plus common sense) is what i use

Excellent protection and very light on resources

How about only common sense..No antivirus or Firewall.. :huh:

Latest NORTON 2012 internet security suites are best and the fastest among all with minimum system requirements-moreover its fully loaded with many features that others don't posses....

Avast is on par with Eset, just depends on what you like. Norton? Do you Norton users not use software from Nsane? I don't understand how you can use it. It quarantines, deletes everything that comes from sites like this. I don't get it, how can you use it?

DesiPirate

Avast is not getting good but is already very good with a lot of features that are not available even in paid antivirus softwares.

Tweety.Abd

oK, COOL...I have couple reviews of Norton, didn't get Satisfaction. But your case I will make an exception...Mate..

I really do not like to depend entirely on the reviews/lab tests. Until you really test drive a product, you cannot fully conclude whether its good enough or not.

Best free antivirus: Avast

Best paid suite: Kaspesky IS

Best overall: ESET SS

Best 2nd opinion product: MBAM

Honorable mention: Norton IS, Avira, Emsisoft

IMHO.

I think that Avast Free is comparable to paid NOD32 in detection rates and performance. NOD's scanner is faster, Avast has more features (sandbox, webrep, etc.) and it´s free.

Archived