Program to save image from the net

jonahlomu

Hi,

I would like to know if someone can help me to find out a good program to save pictures from the net,

also when a site don't permit to do it...

does it exist, and where can I found it?

Thanks in advance!!!!

• Replies 12
  • Views 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if the site doesn't permit you to rclick and save an image, just head to Tools -> Page Info -> Media Tab

browse for the pic you wanna save, and just hit the save button

Or Ctrl + Print Screen; start, all programs, accesories, paint, edit, paste, save as...

Pressing Print Screen is enough.. ctrl adds nothing.. it's a bit more impractical tho, 'cos u'd then gotta crop it etc if you'd want it neat..

Pressing Print Screen is enough.. ctrl adds nothing.. it's a bit more impractical tho, 'cos u'd then gotta crop it etc if you'd want it neat..

not to mention, saving it as a png, to prevent quality loss

if the site doesn't permit you to rclick and save an image, just head to Tools -> Page Info -> Media Tab

how in vista?

on quality loss are you meaning when you keep clicking on the picture as in a jpg vs png?

how in vista?

on quality loss are you meaning when you keep clicking on the picture as in a jpg vs png?

Vista is exactly the same, it has to be done in Firefox ;)

I don't know what you mean with quality loss, but Marik just means that .png is the most suitable format for saving images from the web.

how in vista?

last time i checked, the vista firefox had the same settings/options

And I'm talking about initial quality....try this, make a screencap of ur desk, then save it as a jpg, and you'll notice that it's a bit blurry.

But if you save it as a png, you will notice that the quality remains the same.

And I'm talking about initial quality....try this, make a screencap of ur desk, then save it as a jpg, and you'll notice that it's a bit blurry.

Yes, but how come? I mean .png is(if I'm not mistaken) smaller than .jpg, but the quality is way better... As good as .bmp(.bmp is no quality loss if I'm correct?).

Edit: Whoops, my bad. .png is bigger than .jpg, but if you set the compression level of .jpg very low, wouldn't you get a better quality:size ratio?

bearoninternet

Yes, but how come? I mean .png is(if I'm not mistaken) smaller than .jpg, but the quality is way better... As good as .bmp(.bmp is no quality loss if I'm correct?).

Edit: Whoops, my bad. .png is bigger than .jpg, but if you set the compression level of .jpg very low, wouldn't you get a better quality:size ratio?

I found this very useful; gif-jpeg-or-png

Cheers ;)

Thanks a lot for the help!!!

In vista (at least vista business), if you enable the "Tablet PC" functions (I forgot where one does this, but probably in control panel somewhere) you get a very cool little tool added into the windows "accessories" folder under "tablet pc" called the "snipping tool" which enables you to easily grab screen shots or images from web pages and crop and edit them as well. I have a short cut to it sitting in my quick launch area and find it very useful. One of the best tools of this type and free too.

Archived