Outpost blocking attacks

manpe

Hi ... can anybody tell me what is possibly "attacking" my computer ? Many IPs tried to connect to my comp in a moment, but Outpost automatically blocked them (which it wouldn't do, if it weren't harmful ?)

Here's a pic

fotsis.jpg

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one of the reasons i fired outpost that i try month or two ago. i check the ips that ws coming up and i fugred that they where from my isp.

of course you might actually be getting attck though :)

i would who is ip on goolge and test each one

I checked 'em out on VisualRoute, and all of 'em are from different angles of the world... China, USA, Taiwan and Thai mostly

I checked 'em out on VisualRoute, and all of 'em are from different angles of the world... China, USA, Taiwan and Thai mostly

looks like someone has a grudge on ya. what did ya do :) stole someones gf?

Apparently :) Maybe those damn blondes are planning some kind of conspiracy against me, being fed up by those jokes I post about them :(

Apparently :) Maybe those damn blondes are planning some kind of conspiracy against me, being fed up by those jokes I post about them :D

Hehehe, it aint even a real joke, but I like it :(

Tell me more about your conspiracy theory :P

Tell me more about your conspiracy theory :)

well rumors have it that.....ELVIS LIVES!!!!!!! 0mg0mg0mg0mg0mg Believe it or not!

Well... once the blonde army, 500ft. long and summed 40 IQ, thew a grenade at me, I then pulled the pin and threw it back at them. The next time they threw a pin at me, and I ran like hell, because one of them had a grenade in her mouth. Once they actually captured me and they had to make up their minds what to do with me, so they started putting lipstick on their foreheads. Having made their mind up, they decided to kill my goldfish, my bird and torture me with icecubes. It had epic fail written all over it, because they tried to drown my fish, throw my bird off a cliff and finally they couldn't remember the recipe for icecubes. Finally they went to meet their relatives, in the vegetable fuckin' garden ! We drove there with a BMW, because it's the only car name they can pronounce (if you think why not KIA, then all their mobile phones say NO KIA !)... Once we got there, they parked their car to a handicap space... A policeman walked over and said "please prove that yo..." then he actually looked at the driver, and said "whoops, excuse me, nice day ma'am" ... Anyways, when we got there, I felt it was my chance to escape, I asked them: "How do you confuse a blonde ?" they then stared at me, and started discussing it.

I ran away, shitting my pants from laughter and thinking "it is true, blondes are like bottles - they're both fuckin' empty from neck up" :)

Well... once the blonde army, 500ft. long and summed 40 IQ, thew a grenade at me, I then pulled the pin and threw it back at them. The next time they threw a pin at me, and I ran like hell, because one of them had a grenade in her mouth. Once they actually captured me and they had to make up their minds what to do with me, so they started putting lipstick on their foreheads. Having made their mind up, they decided to kill my goldfish, my bird and torture me with icecubes. It had epic fail written all over it, because they tried to drown my fish, throw my bird off a cliff and finally they couldn't remember the recipe for icecubes. Finally they went to meet their relatives, in the vegetable fuckin' garden ! We drove there with a BMW, because it's the only car name they can pronounce (if you think why not KIA, then all their mobile phones say NO KIA !)... Once we got there, they parked their car to a handicap space... A policeman walked over and said "please prove that yo..." then he actually looked at the driver, and said "whoops, excuse me, nice day ma'am" ... Anyways, when we got there, I felt it was my chance to escape, I asked them: "How do you confuse a blonde ?" they then stared at me, and started discussing it.

I ran away, shitting my pants from laughter and thinking "it is true, blondes are like bottles - they're both fuckin' empty from neck up" :D

F****ng amazing! :lol: :rofl:

Anyways, I got the answer from Outpost support :lol: Nothing worth extra attention...

That's because the blondes work at the Agnitum company! You are in deep trouble! :fear: :rofl:

ONT: Did they explain what was causing the alerts? :D

Yes... here is the feedback

No. If it was a DDoS against you would be incapable of doing anything while connected to internet.

They are most likely random scans looking for a vulnerability. Very very common.

You also have communication from the sites your are visiting like writing cookies, tracking movment in the site etc.

These could be false alarms if the AD module detects receives too quick a response from those sites.

The denial-of-service attack (DoS attack) that OP shows is an interpertation of the traffic flow. To determine what it is look up the IP addresses and if they are from a site you just visited then they are likely false positives. But, as Chris says, if you don't have a router, these kind of things are pretty common on the internet. An unprotected computer will get infected in minutes. So this could just be OP doing its job. If your surfing was unhindered then that's what it is.

OP will call a DoS attack if it sees more the 6 port scans within 600 milliseconds from a site. That can be fairly sensitive and some news sites do make queries once in a while. Here are some details about the kind of attacks OP sees: http://www.agnitum.com/support/kb/ar...000193&lang=en

I do see something odd, though. The time a site was blocked changed. Some of those blocks were for zero minutes. Did you do that?

Edit: I just saw the last part about where the IP addresses where from. I'm sure it's OP doing its job blocking junk floating around the internet looking for PCs to infect. But my question about the time of the blocks still goes.

Still they don't know I friggin' stole their product :D I kinda feel odd when I get help from them, knowing I use a craxx0red version :lol: They work their guts out to protect me, and this is how I repay them ? Naah fuck it, world is a cruel place...

Still they don't know I friggin' stole their product :D I kinda feel odd when I get help from them, knowing I use a craxx0red version :lol: They work their guts out to protect me, and this is how I repay them ? Naah fuck it, world is a cruel place...

Yeah, but if you like it, you 'should' purchase it.

einstürzende

Maybe you should check your local (wired or wireless) LAN for "attacker" (first two on screeny) MAC address...

Still they don't know I friggin' stole their product :lmao: I kinda feel odd when I get help from them, knowing I use a craxx0red version :lol: They work their guts out to protect me, and this is how I repay them ? Naah fuck it, world is a cruel place...

Just think of it as trying out their product... for extended periods of time :rolleyes:

Archived