Anonymous Announces Operation Defense Phase II In Response To CISPA

tezza

Posted Image

I told a friend last night that it wouldn’t be long before Anonymous reacted to the news of CISPA passing the House. I was right with Anonymous uploading a new video today that announces Operation Defense Phase II.

If you weren’t around for the first phase of Operation Defense, it was a coordinated effort to protest CISPA with various cyberattacks and other usual Anonymous tactics. The speaker in the video admits that DDoS attacks aren’t as effective anymore with many corporations upgrading their network to handle the influx of hits.

To that end, Anonymous is proposing a joint coalition between the Occupy movement, themselves and other factions to physically protest against the corporations and politicians who support CISPA. Anonymous says to expect similar protests that were made against the church of Scientology a few years ago.

This means that they are looking for people to protest at various locations owned by these corporations, not just at a corporate office or in a general area. In essence, they are taking the fight to places that normal people visit.

The targets of the two month long protest will be AT&T, IBM, Intel, Microsoft, Verizon, Bank of America, Chase Bank, McGraw-Hill, Pepsi, Coca-Cola, Target, Wal-Mart, CVS, MasterCard, Visa, and American Express. Each protest will be set between certain dates. Consult the video for the dates of each protest. For more information, check out the official Anonymous Twitter feed for this particular movement.

http://youtu.be/Hdv5xR5YqFM

http://www.webpronew...o-cispa-2012-04

• Replies 6
  • Views 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just wanted to know, has Anonymous achieved anything by DDoS-ing to date?

Yes, world recognition to their cause, They are protesting via interent in same way people protest outside of buildings in picket lines.

Yes, world recognition to their cause, They are protesting via interent in same way people protest outside of buildings in picket lines.

How effective was their protesting?

• Administrator

There's one thing for sure. Their hacking have been proved to be more effective than protesting. But even so, their protesting has made impacts one way or the other. Sorry, can't go into details for having a short memory. :)

There's one thing for sure. Their hacking have been proved to be more effective than protesting. But even so, their protesting has made impacts one way or the other. Sorry, can't go into details for having a short memory. :)

It's alright, thanks anyway :)

well i suppose anything more damaging other than ddos coming from them and they'll be labelled terrorists. i'm surprised they're not suspects for possessing WDMs yet from the U.S.

Archived