Cloud Computing Future

TheBestOFN05

Cloud Computing Future  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Cloud Computing is now a name familiar our ears, like GoogleDrive, SkyDrive, Everton, and so many. Are you believe this technology will be popular over of Internet growth in the future?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't mind about it

• Replies 10
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it will be, but I don't feel too comfortable with it. i like to see the object of my storaging. To have data on the Web even now, it its relatively primitive form (such a system can only be applied on a greater scale with massive upload capacity improvements), makes me feel eerie about hackers, and so on. Haven't met anyone yet that can hack into my burned DVD or external drive when they're unplugged. XD

• Administrator

It's the future, both for businesses and consumers. However, I'm not in it's support. In recent times, major outage in Amazon and Microsoft Azure servers is one of the biggest examples of it's shortcomings. Great amount of damage had happened when when both Amazon and Azure had gone down (respectively) for a day or so. This gives us an idea about it. Even the critics agree that unfortunate things can happen with cloud, whether it's service or security.

Exactly. And I for one will stay off it, at least until the time I'm an old bugger, and hard-drives cease to exist. XD

Exactly. And I for one will stay off it, at least until the time I'm an old bugger, and hard-drives cease to exist. XD

im with u bro

I think it is already evident that wolframAlpha, siri, dropbox, and the like are the future. However, I'm not yet comfortable storing sensitive files online without encryption. There's just so much holes along the path of information between a computer and the server to trust the connection, and besides transferring big files online (which I always require) is so bandwidth intensive that it's just not practical just yet. Transfering small files online, however, is quite handy especially with dropbox. The technology will grow for sure, and I don't mind it. :sneaky:

keeping things online you can't relax..cloud will increase the speed and responsiveness of communication/transfer significantly but at the same time, there will be chance of getting your data hacked if someone capable desires to do that..

TheBestOFN05

Thanks for your quick reply bro. But i'm still use my new FD and not use Cloud Computing to share my secret data to hacker, and i'm still not sure it's ONE HUNDRED PERCENT SECURE XD

visualbuffs

yes i believe!!! well im not using this feature mostly.... i used gmail drive as my cloud storage for important and low space file

• 4 weeks later...

Archived