A hello post before move on

nglekhoi

Hello all

Just came here a little while ago & nsane.down portal really shock me, it's totally great :D

Update software is one of my favourite hoobies :)

So ... glad to be here with you guys (and gals if any)

I'll travel back to my hometown after this post, so you won't see me for half a day (wonder if anyone would miss me =)) )

Happy weekend :)

And last but not least, what's the meaning of 'nsane' anyway :-?

• Replies 11
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, and welcome to the forums!!! I'm sure you'll find nsane one of the greatest communities on the Web, as I have. :D

As for the Nsane part, addmitedly, not sure, the only thing I can link it to is that "nsane", when read, sounds exactly like "insane" (the English word for "crazy" or "mad") because the first letter (i.e. "n") is read quite similarly to the "in", especially in American English. However, I have no idea whether this is a pun, or whether there's a special meaning or event behind the name, as I'm quite green as far as the websites history is concerned. Maybe one of the veterans or staff out there could comment? I'm sertain that other people want to know.

P.S. You'll be missed. :P

• Administrator

:hi: & :welcome:

And last but not least, what's the meaning of 'nsane' anyway :-?

Alanon explained it quite well. Other than that, all I can say is, it's the (user)name of sites' founder. :)

Sl@pSh0ck™

:welcome: and enjoy your stay!

nSane.down is not the original name of the site. It was called nSane something else. My mind does not want to work this morning. nSane closed the site and then somebody else too over running it, and now nSane comes back online now and then.... somebody out there knows all the glorious details i am sure.

Hello, and welcome to the forums!!! I'm sure you'll find nsane one of the greatest communities on theWe, as I have. :D

As for the Nsane part, addmitedly, not sure, the only thing I can link it to is that "nsane", when read, sounds exactly like "insane" (the English word for "crazy" or "mad") because the first letter (i.e. "n") is read quite similarly to the "in", especially in American English. However, I have no idea whether this is a pun, or whether there's a special meaning or event behind the name, as I'm quite green as far as the websites history is concerned. Maybe one of the veterans or staff out there could comment? I'm sertain that other people want to know.

P.S. You'll be missed. :P

Dxxxed good answer.

:mad2:

• Administrator

nSane.down is not the original name of the site. It was called nSane something else. My mind does not want to work this morning. nSane closed the site and then somebody else too over running it, and now nSane comes back online now and then.... somebody out there knows all the glorious details i am sure.

It was called nsaneproductions. Lite and co. continued the legacy. :)

Any more info on that?

There was some information on the thread of K-lite wars, and so on (where I first found out thet Lite is one of the main contributors of K-Lite pack), but I didn't understand half of the thread, in lack of the background info.

It would be great if someone of the staff could make a sort of sticky, or locked subject with a consise history of the whole family. :)

I for one would be greatly interested. :)

• Administrator

Welcome!

If you want to ask some questions please make a new topic in the relevent forum area.

Archived