Not able to install eset smart- need help

drameet

Hi i had eset smart security 3.0667 trial installed on my thirty2 bit win xp sp2. i used box 2.1 to fix it and dennis aesthetic patch to remove the trial watermark. Then i tried instlling 3.0669 without uninstalling got an error couldnt install. So i uninstalled 3.0667 manually deleted all eset keys in registry and tried installing 3.0669 but fail repeadtedly. Kindly help

• Replies 12
  • Views 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

please post a screencap of the error

Hi i had eset smart security 3.0667 trial installed on my thirty2 bit win xp sp2. i used box 2.1 to fix it and dennis aesthetic patch to remove the trial watermark. Then i tried instlling 3.0669 without uninstalling got an error couldnt install. So i uninstalled 3.0667 manually deleted all eset keys in registry and tried installing 3.0669 but fail repeadtedly. Kindly help

Check whether the Eset Folder is still in Program Files including the fix, delete it if it is there. Use a registry cleaner to clean your registry again and then reboot. It had happen to me once, did some cleaning up before the next version is willing to installed.

I recommend u use the nod removal tool (google search) to get rid of left over garbage and like said above hack the registry for the fixes that had no uninstallers. Personnaly I do not upgrade to every new version of nod that comes out (really don't see a sense in it).

By the way I have used the removal tool several times; but the left over garbage from regular uninstall is why I don't do upgrades unless major changes.

I recommend u use the nod removal tool (google search) to get rid of left over garbage and like said above hack the registry for the fixes that had no uninstallers. Personnaly I do not upgrade to every new version of nod that comes out (really don't see a sense in it).

By the way I have used the removal tool several times; but the left over garbage from regular uninstall is why I don't do upgrades unless major changes.

I've recently become a fan of a program called "Your Uninstaller" (available in the apps section of this site). When you use it to uninstall a program, it first uses the programs uninstaller and lets that run, then it inspects the registry and other folders and files and removes anything stil left over by the regular program uninstaller. It really works well. I don't know how I got along for so long without it.

please post a screencap of the error

Theres no specific error when the install proceeds to installing data files it changes to rolling back changes and a popup saying installation terminated becos of an error try again

1) Download the latest version (NOD32 AntiVirus 3.0.669.0)

2) Go to 'Services' and disable 'ESET service'

3) If you possess any startup application, disable 'egui' from starting with Windows (I use Spy Sweeper) - or else, you can always use the 'msconfig' command prompt

4) Reboot

5) Ensure NOD32 is not running before uninstalling your current programme. BTW, I use Your Uninstaller! PRO.2008 6.1.1252 - it removes most of your unneeded registry entries (but not all)

a) Launch the search to manually delete all traces of ESET

6) Navigate to the registry through the command 'regedit'

7) Before manually deleting the following keys take a backup (remember some of them may not necessarily be present in your system and you're doing this at your own risk)

(i) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Eset

(ii) HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Eset

(iii) HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\Eset Smart Security - Context Menu Shell Extension

(iv) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{6953CFE0-74E6-4DE2-869E-D9ADFB2DC55F}

(v) HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{B089FE88-FB52-11D3-BDF1-0050DA34150D}

(vi) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\eamon

(vii) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\easdrv

(viii) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\epfwtdir

(ix) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ekrn

(x) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\EhttpSrv

(xi) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Now intsall your NOD32 AntiVirus 3.0.669.0 and let us know if this has worked for you.

Try This...

1. Download and run CC Cleaner (Just Google it to find the App)

step4-full.jpg

2. Download and Install WINDOWS INSTALLER CLEANUP (Just Google it to find the App)

cleanupchec-full;init:.jpg

noeset-full;init:.jpg

3. Download and run the NOD32 REMOVER ( DUTCH) tool (Just Google it to find the App)

dutchh-full;init:.jpg

4. Download and Install Another ESET Smart Security 3.0.667 or 3.0.669

:) :P :rolleyes:

I've recently become a fan of a program called "Your Uninstaller" (available in the apps section of this site). When you use it to uninstall a program, it first uses the programs uninstaller and lets that run, then it inspects the registry and other folders and files and removes anything stil left over by the regular program uninstaller. It really works well. I don't know how I got along for so long without it.

I agree, I've used YU since the 2006 version; also revo uninstaller is an excellent program and free. (if u can't find serial for YU)

Yet another approach would be just booting into safe mode and using "Your Uninstaller" to uninstall the ESET app and then rebooting and doing a check of the registry with CCCleaner would probably effectively remove all traces of it, but I haven't personally tested this yet.

@drameet

wow!!, after all the above, if it still doesn't installed, then upgrade to SP3 :) :P :rolleyes:

i disabled my eset's service and used your uninstaller pro and everything worked out well for me

Archived