Mozilla Firefox 13 Beta 1

anuraag

Firefox is the award winning next generation browser from Mozilla. Firefox empowers you to browse faster, more safely, and more efficiently than with any other browser. Make the switch today - Firefox imports your Favorites, settings and other information, so you have nothing to lose. Stop annoying popup ads in their tracks with Firefox's built in popup blocker. View more than one web page in a single window with this time saving feature. Open links in the background so that they're ready for viewing when you're ready to read them. Built with your security in mind, Firefox keeps your computer safe from malicious spyware by not loading harmful ActiveX controls. A comprehensive set of privacy tools keep your online activity your business.

Thanks to thylacine for the update.

Download

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you so much for the fast update anuraag. :)

I suggest to change the link of changelogs to the original links provided by Mozilla, the links which Mozilla provides, redirects users to the latest Beta or Stable changes page, right now it goes to 12 Beta page but it will be updated to 13, soon; in this way there is no need to change the links manually, it will be done automatically by Mozilla itself. ;)

We can also change the Homepage link to the original Mozilla website to avoid a small redirection from .com to .org. ;)

Homepage

Changelog

Changelog | Beta

Thanks, ;)

Nima

Purple Trail

Firefox Beta feels more like the release version nowadays, didn't really experience any major issues. Aurora is more like my taste.

They should skip this number. It brings bad luck... :unsure:

• Administrator

The only thing that pisses me off about Firefox is that they've now postponed the x64-bit releases to V14 and above. :(

There's no 64-bit planned for this year. So much so that Mozilla managers have marked couple of bugs relating to 64-bit as temporarily fixed as at the moment, they don't want to concentrate on 64-bit. It will come for sure, but it's not on their top priority and it's far more harder to implement it on all the stable firefox version than it looks.

The only thing that pisses me off about Firefox is that they've now postponed the x64-bit releases to V14 and above. :(

There's no 64-bit planned for this year. So much so that Mozilla managers have marked couple of bugs relating to 64-bit as temporarily fixed as at the moment, they don't want to concentrate on 64-bit. It will come for sure, but it's not on their top priority and it's far more harder to implement it on all the stable firefox version than it looks.

they havent marked them temprary fixed more that there just not working on them at this time (though 64 bit nightly builds are pretty stable for most part)

That's such a pity. The x64-bit releases are awesome (except for lack of compatibility with RoboForm.)

The Firefox "introduction" needs to change LOL. That is from 10 years back when tabbed browsing was still a coveted "feature" (no thanks to IE6). Not to mention tom-toming their lame pop-up blocker :lmao:

If that's the sales pitch for the "award winning next gen" FF circa 2012, I can see why people are flocking to Chrome :(

• Administrator

Changelog is now updated btw.

One thing important is not mentioned in the changelog, ability to reset / refresh / clean your Firefox profile. :)

Damn this smooth scrolling is smoooooth. I always had smooth scrolling enabled, but in this version they've made it reallly smooth.

Unfortunately LiveClick addon doesn't work anymore :(

Back to 12 then...

Does anyone know a good alternative with same features?

Damn this smooth scrolling is smoooooth. I always had smooth scrolling enabled, but in this version they've made it reallly smooth.

Exactly! And I thought it was just my fertile imagination :P

BTW, is it just me or does 13 reeeally feel noticeably snappier. I can swear this is faster than Version 12 when launching for the first time after a cold reboot.

i try firefox nightly 15 a1 now, this's x64 version.

:smoke:

• Administrator

BTW, is it just me or does 13 reeeally feel noticeably snappier. I can swear this is faster than Version 12 when launching for the first time after a cold reboot.

Firefox 13 does seem faster. But can't say that about the cold boot times, those are always bad for me considering the number of addons I use. :P

I personally hate disabling favicons in awesome bar in FF 14...

Archived