Releaselog staff resigns

jalaffa

Earlier to day several staff members at RLSLOG announced their departure from the site, due to a disagreement with Martin (the founder and owner of the site) on how the site was run.

In the past 5 months however, we’ve witnessed the regard to quality from the owner slowly decay. When the staff has had their eyes set on improving this site, his aims have been to increase ad revenue. To do so, he has turned this site into something we can no longer proudly write for.

view.gif View: Original Article

Edit:

Posting removed from site...

• Replies 15
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

who cares really?

The site was not good for anything really except for a place for newbies to go to get RS links for moves etc, the editors didnt really know there ass from there elbow especially that Marcelli guy.

All the users are now crying in the comments asking where to go now lol, dumbasses.

Have to disagree with you there GRiM. I found the content there rather insightfull.

Anyways posting has been removed from site (still found on their forum).

Also Martin has responded to it:

Martin's response

hihi GRiM = theGRiM from places like TL? and others...seedbox seller among many things... :rofl:

I love this kind of internet drama just like nfo wars among scene groups :D anyone want to speculate more? wonder why http://www.scnsrc.net/ is down...

a place started by former rlslog editors like shiny and lee and who have invited all the drop outs a place on the site...I dont really care who evere wins but I do say http://www.scnsrc.net/ is more attractive webpage then rlslog :eekout:

yeah, and they offer the public access to their preDB unlike rlslog :eekout:

http://www.scnsrc.net/pre/

i was on their IRC last night after they made that post, and the final estimate on the revenue martin was making was around $5,000/mo (that's $60,000/yr) :rofl:

Original message...funny cause rlslog forums is in the hands of the dropouts :rofl:

It is with great sadness that I must announce that the following RLSLOG staff members hereby resign from their positions:

Over, Christian, Nyr, sc0rff, Nikola, Mr.X and myself.
Unfortunately it’s not the 1st of April this time around.

During my time as a RLSLOG editor and admin I’ve seen a lot of people come and go. Most people make a very minor contribution (a couple of posts or so) then they leave their editors account unused. I’ve also seen major contributors leave RLSLOG. Shiny and Lee left the site without really stating their true reasons. I’m not certain why they chose to do so, but the editors above including myself are hereby giving you, the reader, the courtesy of knowing why we must leave this site which we have put endless hours of work into.

RLSLOG was once a very small project. I don’t think anyone ever suspected this site would grow as much as it has. At the end of July this year, we peaked at 237,814 UNIQUE visitors in one day. On a regular day we’ll get anything from 200,000 to 230,000 unique visitors. This growth came about relatively quickly. RLSLOG has only been around for a bit over 2 years. As you might imagine, the curve of ad revenue growth over time must look pretty sweet.

The truth of course, is that only one single person sees the full profits from the RLSLOG ads and that is Martin (the founder and owner of the site). The majority of the staff including myself has completely accepted this and continued to write our articles. RLSLOG was a fun hobby for us. In the past 5 months however, we’ve witnessed the regard to quality from the owner slowly decay. When the staff has had their eyes set on improving this site, his aims have been to increase ad revenue. To do so, he has turned this site into something we can no longer proudly write for.

On a personal level I’d like to thank all of the great people that have made my time at RLSLOG such a pleasant one.

Some of the editors had a couple of things to add:

Mr.X:
As the second longest running editor on rlslog.net besides Martin, I have decided it is time to call it. Spanning over 16 months and 1000 posts I’ve decided to quit while I’m ahead. There have been too many disagreements between the staff and the site’s owner, and we have all collectively decided to completely cease operations from here on.

Christian:
Being an editor for a site which does not value the input and feedback of its staff is not something I’d like to be a part of. Thank you to everyone who commented and I hope you’ve made good use of the applications (my main category) I’ve posted about.

sc0rff:
I have not been an editor for very long here on rlslog, but from my short time, being involved with the wonderful staff, the forums and the awesome irc community I have discovered the true face of rlslog from the inside. I have dedicated many late nights to cover TV releases from across the pond with nothing in return. Unfortunately the owner is unenthusiastic and has no desire to maintain quality on the site.

Nikola:
RLSLOG is great because of all the ACTIVE editors here. Thanks to all readers of Rlslog, & thanks for your comments. Greetz from Nikola.

Over:
I’d like to see RLSLOG grow and be more than just a SCENE news site. I could really imagine a great community here, and I am not only talking about the forums I am talking about things on a different scale. My Thanks go out to a lot of cool people i met in the staff and on IRC.

SceneSource - Powered by Disgruntled Rlslog’ers!
Published by NuZZ on Aug 11th, 2008, at 2:47 am in Site Stuff

Hey guys. It seems we have been flooded with visitors from rlslog, whom have since found SceneSource. It may appear that rlslog is in trouble, as Over, Christian, Nyr, sc0rff, Nikola, Mr.X and Reeged have left the ranks of rlslog staff. Back in March Shiny and Lee left rlslog, and founded SceneSource due to the same reasons as these guys. They have all been invited to join us, if they do however is up to them. We will have to wait and see.

This is an official message welcoming everyone and anyone to SceneSource, we are glad to have you and we hope you enjoy yourselves. This is the site we wished rlslog could of been. Ad free, profit free.

Be sure to Join our IRC, and check out our PreDatabase, and remember, our TV Section is separate to avoid clutter (may change in future, who knows).

BTW, we are experiencing some technical difficulties with suddenly handling this large load of visitors. Stay tuned! And try to not refresh the page constantly :)

UPDATE: I (Lee) have implemented lock-down on the server, meaning if you leave a comment it won’t appear straight away, but it will wait for the cache to update before it is shown. This is a necessary measure to try and keep the site up until we get a new server. I hope you can perservere with this, and rest assured it will be fixed as soon as possible.

UPDATE 2: Please done lump us in with other so called scene sites that have welcomed rlslog staff to their sites… scnsrc.net was founded from former rlslog editors, we left for the same reason they now have. We personally know these guys, talk with them daily. We have known them since day one, since they joined rlslog. In fact i (shiny) personally recruited a few to of these guy rlslog in the beginning. When we say have invited them, that means we have personally invited them, not just put out a call on the website. We are the real deal. Some may join us, some want to call it quits. We are not just another scene news site we are what rlslog could of been, what is should of been.

Looks like a classic the king is dead long live the king story now. rlslog prevails it seems. Sure we could try to find alternatives, but why bother...

I really think rlslog is up to date with the release's,

very nice to browse the news. :P :thumbsup:

who cares really?

The site was not good for anything really except for a place for newbies to go to get RS links for moves etc, the editors didnt really know there ass from there elbow especially that Marcelli guy.

All the users are now crying in the comments asking where to go now lol, dumbasses.

That site is really good. Importantly very quick update on scene releases. I have found RLSLOG to be very clean unlike most other sites. And no the site might not close as soon as u think cause the owner has put too much work into the site.

EDITED : CHECK OUT THE CHAT LOG : http://paste2.org/p/57599

Pretty Dumb guy who just got too stubborn.

who cares really?

That site is really good. Importantly very quick update on scene releases. I have found RLSLOG to be very clean unlike most other sites. And no the site might not close as soon as u think cause the owner has put too much work into the site.

EDITED : CHECK OUT THE CHAT LOG : http://paste2.org/p/57599

Pretty Dumb guy who just got too stubborn.

that chat log could be copied and pasted for all we know...not solid evidence...

I find it amusing Martin opens his side of the story with

It’s always so easy to stab someone in the back when there’s no chance to fight back

Yet he closes the post so nobody can add comments or reply to what he said. To me, that comes across to me the exact same thing as what he is accusing the members who resigned of. Then he goes on in the entire post blaming those members of leaving because of someone who left sue to stubborness.

Honestly, if you were making big money on a site, like Martin is suspected of making, would you really admit to it? Didn't think so.

• 2 weeks later...
btw the new site from ex rlslog editors
http://www.zerosec.ws/

Yeah, The only thing I really dont like is that posters introduce themselves in 5-6 posts "Hi Im new, this is my post" Gets old, GIVE ME LINKS!!! Ya know?

yeah, and they offer the public access to their preDB unlike rlslog :frusty:

i was on their IRC last night after they made that post, and the final estimate on the revenue martin was making was around $5,000/mo (that's $60,000/yr) ;)

seen you have joined the ranks of scnsrc :P :frusty: but you should tell them to fix the sites uptime it is down alot... :/

yeah, and they offer the public access to their preDB unlike rlslog :nuke:

i was on their IRC last night after they made that post, and the final estimate on the revenue martin was making was around $5,000/mo (that's $60,000/yr) :)

seen you have joined the ranks of scnsrc :yes: :chug: but you should tell them to fix the sites uptime it is down alot... :/

yeah, their predb would redirect to their mainpage a while ago.. now it works but the applications section is down..

Archived