Video Problem

SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Dear readers,

I just noticed this and not too sure if it is my Settings or what.. but when watching this one show, sometimes I notice when there are a lot of movement (Noticeable on faces) there is this strange 'coloration/texturization' on their faces that just doesn't look right... And I didn't really 'change' any settings so to speak (Using both K-Lite Codec Pack + CoreAVC)... Can't screen shot it for some reason as when I go frame-by-frame I don't catch it...

So here is a little clip, and I don't know if YOU'LL see it, but on my side when watching just that clip you can definitely tell something isn't right.. And then if on your side it is fine.. hmmm wonder what is causing it...

At first I thought maybe it was the Video Decoder, either ffdshow/Haali's that might have affected it, but I didn't want to mess with any of the settings so I didn't bother...

And yeah it is very distracting to see it, so hoping to be able to fix it...

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4by9xx

Hopefully can get this fixed (Hopes you know if you are able to see it)

THanks.

And of course if you need more info do let me know. THanks... Just thought I'd post here incase anyone can help.

If it matters for the DirectShow Video I have it set at 'Haali Renderer'

• Replies 10
  • Views 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw the clips (2 chinese girls?), no audio though, video is OK. No discoloration noticed.

I use vlc player.

Why don't you try vlc player and see if it happen, no need for codec. I don't trust codec much (my opinion).

SacredCultivator

Yeah other guy said he sees nothing and recommended that I Record it... so I did

http://www.sendspace.com/file/19pr6b

No audio, just video.

PS:

Hehe cause VLC comes built in with Codecs... Don't like VLC as I've tried and it doesn't allow for the full-screen that I am used to in MPC.

---

EDIT:

Not sure if this matters but for those that use K-Lite and might know the settings.. Here are the ones I use on K-Lite Codec Pack

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mzdcwe

What version of KLCP are you using?

I'm using KLCP 4.1.0 and it seems to play just fine on my computer.

Edit:

Try reinstalling KLCP.

SacredCultivator

Using the latest version. And tried re-installing, no luck.

Give CCCP ( http://www.cccp-project.net/ ) a try, just curious what grapichcard and display do you have. Do you get it when your not in fullscreen mode because now when I'm on my backup 1.6MB PCI graphic card (had to RMA my ATI 4850) the picture get choppy in fullscreen mode.

SacredCultivator

I am on XP still, sorry unno if Vista Codec would work there..

As for CCCP ehhh unno the reason stopping me from using that is hte lack of Updates it has.

And my Graphic Card is a Nvidia 7600GS monitor is as I posted before a Samsung SyncMaster 2253BW, and it occurs even without Fullscreen enabled. Also It might be that I missed to install something because I've always used K-Lite for my Codecs and didn't have this problem.

---

EDIT:

Wow now that's a pity lol.. Was messing around some more and fixed the problem.. And what would you know.. It was due to This, having RTA on was the cause of it..

bearoninternet

As for CCCP ehhh unno the reason stopping me from using that is hte lack of Updates it has.

And my Graphic Card is a Nvidia 7600GS monitor is as I posted before a Samsung SyncMaster 2253BW, and it occurs even without Fullscreen enabled. Also It might be that I missed to install something because I've always used K-Lite for my Codecs and didn't have this problem.

---

EDIT:

Wow now that's a pity lol.. Was messing around some more and fixed the problem.. And what would you know.. It was due to This, having RTA on was the cause of it..

Good you fixed the problem, i still would like to suggest gomplayer though. :hi:

"Vista Codec Pack" is just a name, it works on either XP/Vista.

Good you fixed the problem, i still would like to suggest gomplayer though.

If you like GOMPlayer, I really suggest you try KMPlayer, I used GOMPlayer for a while but sometimes it caused some problems, but when I tried KMplayer I never had any, and it has ALOT of options not to mention rather lite.

bearoninternet

"Vista Codec Pack" is just a name, it works on either XP/Vista.

Good you fixed the problem, i still would like to suggest gomplayer though.

If you like GOMPlayer, I really suggest you try KMPlayer, I used GOMPlayer for a while but sometimes it caused some problems, but when I tried KMplayer I never had any, and it has ALOT of options not to mention rather lite.

Thanks, ill give it a try, though i never had problems with gomplayer or vlc. :rofl:

Archived