Online Armour and file sharing problems

rKAnjEL

To make a long story short, installing OA Free completely blocked my file/folder shraing between LAN computers, and I tried everything but still it didn't help.

• Replies 4
  • Views 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I started using Online Armour and was impressed, it's effecient, lite and somewhat easy-to-use...until this problem presented itself...

I have 3 computers (2 PCs & 1 Laptop), all have Windows Xp SP3 and latest version of OA Free, now I can't access any network drive (or file/folder shares) from any of them, I searched OA forums and it seems many people had the same problem and nobody seems to figure out why this happens, I tried all the suggestions but nothing works.

Uninstalling OA solves the problem though.

So, my questions are:

1) Anyone had this problem? if so, did you manage to get it solved?

2) If not, what's a good alternative for OA (freeware or shareware), I tried COMODO and it was a pain in the a** to configure, I need something that doesn't need me to set a dozen different rules just for uTorrent port-forwarding.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I found this leak-test chart, I think it's somewhat recent

http://www.matousec.com/projects/firewall-challenge/results.php

You only have to mark the local network as Trusted.

Main Menu > Firewall > Rules > Computers

(untick "Hide inactive networks" if necessary)

Right-click the IP-nr(s) and select 'Trust'

Been there, done that. It still didn't work, in any case I'm currently testing Outpost Firewall 2009 and it's working flawlessly.

I know that OA is a solid firewall but it after un-installing it I still couldn't get rid of it, I actually had restore a fresh backup on 2 of my PCs ;)

Been there, done that. It still didn't work, in any case I'm currently testing Outpost Firewall 2009 and it's working flawlessly.

I know that OA is a solid firewall but it after un-installing it I still couldn't get rid of it, I actually had restore a fresh backup on 2 of my PCs ;)

Very strange, must be system related, because it's running perfectly on my network here for quite some time now... :sneaky:

I'm a beta tester of OA and installed/uninstalled several versions of OA without any problem. Are you using some third party uninstaller instead of OA's own uninstaller? That might be the problem.

Very strange, must be system related, because it's running perfectly on my network here for quite some time now...

I'm a beta tester of OA and installed/uninstalled several versions of OA without any problem. Are you using some third party uninstaller instead of OA's own uninstaller? That might be the problem.

No, nothing special at all... It was frustrating, I guess I'm just unlucky LOL

Archived