Which Browser Do You Use As of April/May '12

Tweety.Abd

Which Browser Do You Use?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Which Browser Do You Use Now?

• Microsoft Interent Explorer
    • Mozilla Firefox (or Gecko-based)
    • Google Chrome (or Chromium-based i.e. Dragon, Iron, etc.)
    • Apple Safari
    • Opera
  2. 2. What Browser Did You Switch From?

• Microsoft Interent Explorer
    • Mozilla Firefox (or Gecko-based)
    • Google Chrome (or Chromium-based i.e. Dragon, Iron, etc.)
    • Apple Safari
    • Opera
  3. 3. The Reason For Switch Was?

• Performance
    • Appearance
    • Features
    • Others (Please specify)

This poll is showing contradictory results:

- Most currently used browser: Firefox

- Most ditched browser: Firefox

Well I also switched from Firefox to Waterfox ... since the poll doesn't have the option of not changing browser, I guess my reasoning was Firefox for Firefox 64bit... so it sounds contradictory but it makes sense if you think it that way..

I was using Firefox Beta channel.. but I couldn't stand so much freezing, and the stable channel was not cutting edge enough... the I discovered waterfox and I got to Heaven.. But I also have chrome installed just in case

• Replies 50
  • Views 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
v8commodore

I use Maxthon 3 does everything I need and has a dual compatibilities for websites, uses webkit and will change to ie core [retro mode] when needed.

visualbuffs

still geek people are using mozilla firefox..

well i totally switch to chromium :P

Still using FF. Didn't switch from anything.

You mean from day 1 of your netizenship, you're using FF? That makes you a kid then :P

I'm using Firefox for 6 years, since version 2 :P

I have both Firefox and Pale Moon in my machine. Since Firefox is password protected for "private" contents (if you know what i mean), Pale Moon is a 'quick access' feature when i want to find something fast (like movie subtitle, game manual ...)

Firefox is password protected for "private" contents (if you know what i mean)...

I think everyone knows what you mean, buddy :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

I myself use 13.0 Beta 1 & I'm really happy with it. :)

No need to switch to anything else, it works fine. ;)

firefox 15 alpha eats up lots of ram.. removed it.. back to FF12. FF12 ram usage is 1/5th of alpha... :o

using both FF13 , PM 12 , and google chrome 19 beta , its hard for me to decide which browser ownz it all coz in some fields i prefer FF and in some chrome :)

jasonliul

firefox 15 alpha eats up lots of ram.. removed it.. back to FF12. FF12 ram usage is 1/5th of alpha... :o

Ghostery doesn't work any more.

You know what they say about IE - The nummber 1 browser for downloading Mozilla Firefox. XD

Anyways, how do the Pale Moon and Waterfox do against the official release?

jasonliul

i was tired to use Pale Moon , Waterfox ,comodo dragon, SRWare Iron,

such repackage browser.

Now i play firefox and chromium alpha, beta...

:beta:

calguyhunk

...how do the Pale Moon and Waterfox do against the official release?

Pale Moon is the Windows optimized version of FF without a few of FF's accessibility features. It's also optimized for modern hardware so for jurassic age hardware, you need PM 3.6.x ;)

As for Waterfox, it's the 64 bit version of FF. It will in theory be faster on a x86-x64 platform than the official FF and addons should work all right, but plugins that do not have 64 bit binaries will not work.

Ghostery is working fine here.

jasonliul

Ghostery is working fine here.

https://addons.mozil...addon/ghostery/

Not available for Firefox 15.0a1

You're right, i download ghostery from www.ghostery.com,

install and works fine.

That's so funny. Thanks rajeesh!!

:rockon:

Maxthon 3 The Fastest :lol:

jasonliul

Same as you, i come back to Aurora 14a2.

:angry:

I've always just used Opera (even when it was still ad-supported - there used to be a box with advertisements). Initially just loved the use of mouse gestures, but it has since far exceeded my expectations (with features like Opera Turbo - since I have a tiny monthly limit, the Mail client I use for my Gmail and so on). It's very efficient and feels very light, but is action packed. :)

maniac2003

I switched from Firefox 10 to Google Chrome. Certainly faster at the time. So far 2 new upgrades to Firefox, both are installed. The test will decide who stays.

• 2 weeks later...

Firefox, but I'd switch to Chrome if they allowed some toolbar customization. I want toolbars and buttons where I want them, not where Google wants them.

• 2 weeks later...

Mozilla Firefox is my all-in-one browser. With all of the addons, userscripts, userstyles and other little hacks... it can do just about anything.

I also use Chromium because Google Chrome has been giving me problems with some pages displaying properly, as well as other issues. I really only use it for quick searches or downloads (gotta love DownThemAll! for Firefox tho)

Archived