Regain your privacy on the Internet with Spotflux

nsane.forums

nsane.forums

Spotflux is a free tool for Windows and Mac that encrypts your connection through a virtual private network (VPN) and protect your computer from all kind of online threats.

Looking for an instant, easy and safe solution to surf the web more securely? Look no further than Spotflux – a free tool for Windows and Mac (a mobile version is in works, and will be available soon) that encrypts your connection through a virtual private network (VPN) and protect your computer from all kind of dangerous web data, that includes malware, unwanted tracking services that could expose your sensitive information like passwords...etc. Spotflux saves bandwidth and hides your IP address keeping your location private to maintain your online privacy.

Installing Spotflux

Before anything else, download Spotflux for PC or Mac as per your own requirements. Installing Spotflux is a pretty straight forward task and the wizard pretty much guides you through the installation. You don't have to worry about it installing toolbars or any other badware. Just follow the steps given below and you'll be fine.

Posted Image

As part of the installation process you may be prompted to install a custom device driver from Spotflux. Check the box next to Always trust software from "Spotflux" and click ''Install''.

Posted Image

Interface & Settings

The application has a simplified and easy to use interface design. In practice, Spotflux is totally transparent. Its compact window features a single button, and a large banner telling you whether or not you are protected.

Posted Image

The settings dialog allows you to specify application behavior and configure proxy settings. You can choose to show tray notifications, hide the main window at startup and enable or disable warning messages.

Posted Image

Closing words:

With an easy to use interface Spotflux is definitely worth a try if you are looking for a free solution to bypass censoring technologies and to protect your online privacy. Spotflux is undoubtedly one of the best and easiest to use software which allows secure web browsing. Straight-forward, works efficiently, simple to use and does what it says it will do! It installs smoothly and runs with out any problems. When tested it gave perfect results without causing any crash or slow browsing speeds.

Posted Image

About Spotflux:

Spotflux is a NYC based company which develops several unique technologies that allow users all over the world to browse an open and free internet. Spotflux offers an easy way to encrypt your connection, hide your real IP address, removes tracking cookies, check for malware threats and blocks some advertisements.

Posted Image View: Original Article

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

guess I'll just quote what Poof said from neowin.

Yay! So now instead of sending my packets through my ISP I can use a third-party service who can sniff my packets.

Finally, my privacy issues are resolved!

TheGreatGuy

All VPNs based in the US seem sort of pointless to me. I have no desire to be persecuted for the things i download. If a US-based company *cough* MPAA *cough* asks for my IP address, Spotflux would comply, as stated in their privacy policy. My only wish is a free VPN located outside of US jurisdiction that doesn't log any of my activities that additionally provides some quality (1mb/s download?) =[

All VPNs based in the US seem sort of pointless to me. I have no desire to be persecuted for the things i download. If a US-based company *cough* MPAA *cough* asks for my IP address, Spotflux would comply, as stated in their privacy policy. My only wish is a free VPN located outside of US jurisdiction that doesn't log any of my activities that additionally provides some quality (1mb/s download?) =[

same

grouchysmurf

Tools like this one may have some use to those in countries

that practice severe censorship.

However, I do object when they advertise as "Protect your privacy".

The object of this type of software is to mask your physical location,

not protect your privacy.

Unless you own your own servers and Internet backbone your footprint

is stored somewhere. This software just makes it more confusing for you

to be located....more confusing not impossible. Seems to me that if I saw

weird addresses all of a sudden popping up on backbones I monitor, I

would probably look into it. Everyone has a job to do, and bots and crawlers make that job

so much easier when weird gets involved. ;)

Archived