Mozilla Firefox 12.0

jalaffa

• Replies 56
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

We get the Firefox updates from the "Releases" folder from the official Mozilla FTP. Firefox updates get on the FTP first, then all the Firefox http mirrors get it from FTP (atleast that's what I know), then they update their homepage.

v12 update isn't really a big one. Hence I'm waiting for v13.

If anyone has the same problem as I, or even the startup page every time, here's how i fixed it. In your profile folder (Documents and Settings/User/Application Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles) there's a file user.js. It's not supposed to be there. it's a kind of override preferences file that can't be altered. So after I deleted it, everything went on as usual. Lost NO data.

grouchysmurf

If anyone has the same problem as I, or even the startup page every time, here's how i fixed it. In your profile folder (Documents and Settings/User/Application Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles) there's a file user.js. It's not supposed to be there. it's a kind of override preferences file that can't be altered. So after I deleted it, everything went on as usual. Lost NO data.

I did experience this check again, nut I found no such file in any of the profile folders, what I had was preferences.js, which I do not suggest deleting. I closed FF and re-opened, and it did not perform the check. I am going to play with this a little, it may be a glitch, or it may be some kind of timed setting that I am not aware of.

I am glad you were able to cure yours, now I gotta cure mine :P

You should definitely not delete that thing.

Have you tried that about:config fix?

grouchysmurf

You should definitely not delete that thing.

Have you tried that about:config fix?

Yes I did, but all command arguments seem to be correct.

I have since opened and closed FF over a dozen times with no issue.

And the mystery deepens...... :blink:

This release is scheduled to be official tomorrow. Here is the Change-Log.

NEW

• Windows: Firefox is now easier to update with one less prompt (User Account Control)
  • Page Source now has line numbers
CHANGED
  • Line breaks are now supported in the title attribute
  • Improvements to "Find in Page" to center search result
  • URLs pasted into the download manager window are now automatically downloaded
DEVELOPER
  • The column-fill CSS property has been implemented
  • Support for the text-align-last CSS property has been added
  • Experimental support for ECMAScript 6 Map and Set objects has been implemented
FIXED
  • OS X: WebGL performance may be degraded on some hardware

thanks bro for your update but i think chrome more powerful than Mozilla Firefox :) .

The V12 became ancient . . . . . . . yesterday. :)

oh does it mean that V13 beta is better than v12?

The V12 became ancient . . . . . . . yesterday. :)

oh does it mean that V13 beta is better than v12?

Yes, I definitely found the V13 more spunkier than previous releases. BTW, I also use the V15 and find it awesome for it's x64-bit capabilities :)

A couple of guys also made positive observations - calguyhunk (who always has interesting words for Firefox) and DKT27 (who is quite knowledgeable on addons.)

RocketMan said:

BTW, I also use the V15 and find it awesome for it's x64-bit capabilities

Yeap,this made me a little suprise.

:lol:

Yes, I definitely found the V13 more spunkier than previous releases. BTW, I also use the V15 and find it awesome for it's x64-bit capabilities :)

A couple of guys also made positive observations - calguyhunk (who always has interesting words for Firefox) and DKT27 (who is quite knowledgeable on addons.)

Ohh, thanks for the info. V15? Where can I find the V15? :D

Fox Rocks and always it will..I am its user since v3 and till now found no objections..

Archived