Backup of windows update

rudrax

Guys, is there any way to take the backup of windows update..?..I have a very slow and costly bandwidth so it very painful for me to update windows after formatting the drive..

Any 3rd party tool?

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After formatting, install all the updates and when the system's working fine (and without any other softwares) then make a backup (with Acronis, Norton or whatever you want).

;)

I don't think there is a way to backup. But you can use disc with SP1, this will save you a lot time. Also there is some tool to integrate updates into disc, but this requires downloading those updates.

Cheers ;)

Go to Windows Update Catalog Here (Using Internet Explorer 6.0 or later Only). Search for any kind of update (Security, Office ... ) by entering KBxxxxxx this is the number written after the 2 letters KB in every update's description for example: Definition Update for Windows Defender - KB915597 (Definition 1.123.1936.0) is an update for Windows Defender. Search for it and download it. This is the only way to keep a copy for Windows Update, hope this helps :)

1- Go to Windows Update Catalog Here

2- Enter your search criteria (ex: KB915597)

3- Add it to your download basket

4- Download the whole basket when you are finished with the search part.

w7 tools (you can find nsanedown :lol: ) listed your installed update files..so you can backup it!

Or you can use Autopatcher and download all you want to be included into your installation.

These days Autopatcher support WinXp, Vista, Win7, Office 2003, Office 2007 post SP updates.

Good thin is that you can update Autopatcher downloaded hotfixES and Service packs from time to time without downloading all from the begining.

I'm using it for years when I need to quick apply updates in offline mode, it's even more quicker than using automatic update.

If you are not legit win user take a look for "dangerous" offer when installing updates!

You can find it using google or find Autopatcher forums, it's very easily to find it.

Cheers.

Thank you all..

I think lyldz's !dea would be great if that works..if fails,

I have to adapt nightwolf's !dea of manual download of updates..

rudrax try and share your experiences :lol:

yeah I'll so that it can help the others having the problem

open win7 tools, find install update section and select other tab this section about your windows update.you can browser your update files this..

open win7 tools, find install update section and select other tab this section about your windows update.you can browser your update files this..

Well, you can't backup the updates installed with this tool but you can download a zipped file containing the latest updates with this utility just with two clicks, hence no hessel of downloading the updates one by one..next time if I have to format my PC than I will go for this..Thanks lyldz for suggesting windows toolkit.

Archived