[Solved] Windows diagnostic result

rudrax

I have latest avast internet security installed in my computer and its activated..But while generating system health report with windows diagnostic, it shows no antivirus product is installed..

Posted Image

Should I have to install microsoft security essential to get rid of this? Or I can get rid of this by some trick?

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might have had a virus disable you av program.

Maybe a scan with something like SuperAntiSpyware or MalwareBytes would be a good idea.

Anyhow... might use the avast uninstall tool... read the page ..

http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility

Then after a reboot reinstall your avast or whatever.....

my preference is the Microsoft beta 4 of Security Essentials.

I have latest avast internet security installed in my computer and its activated..But while generating system health report with windows diagnostic, it shows no antivirus product is installed..

Not all AntiVirus systems are detectable. This is quite a common happening and does not need one to be concerned unless the undetected AntiVirus program is really dysfunctional.

Should I have to install microsoft security essential to get rid of this? Or I can get rid of this by some trick?

There's nothing wrong with your present Avast. Use MSE only if you'd like to test it out (or fr any other valid reason.)

Might have had a virus disable you av program.

Maybe a scan with something like SuperAntiSpyware or MalwareBytes would be a good idea.

Anyhow... might use the avast uninstall tool... read the page ..

http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility

Then after a reboot reinstall your avast or whatever.....

my preference is the Microsoft beta 4 of Security Essentials.

thanks mikie for your suggestion..But I guess, Rocketman is somehow right..

Not all AntiVirus systems are detectable. This is quite a common happening and does not need one to be concerned unless the undetected AntiVirus program is really dysfunctional.

There's nothing wrong with your present Avast. Use MSE only if you'd like to test it out (or fr any other valid reason.)
I trust your opinion..If you come out wrong, I'll kick your butts :spank:

This is a known issue that Microsoft has acknowledged on Vista & Windows 7 (actually the issue exists even on XP.)

This is a known issue that Microsoft has acknowledged on Vista & Windows 7 (actually the issue exists even on XP.)

Damn MS..

Antivirus work in stealth mode. Same is with norton 2012. It starts when the system boots but you cannot see it in msconfig. Nothing to worry about as long as ur AV is fully functioning.

Archived