Graphics card upgrade

Sonar

I have a Acer TravelMate 5320 (laptop) I was wondering if its possible to upgrade the graphics card? If so what would you suggest?

The graphics card in side at the moment is Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't thing that laptop graphics cards are upgradable.. -_-

Rezurrection

some can some dont....depends on laptop...see manual for yours....btw is worth of upgradeing...seems like waste of recources

According to many IT professions, graphic cards in the laptop cannot be upgraded since every component of the laptop is attached with mother board rather than separate location like desktop. If you want to upgrade the card, is better to buy new laptop or get second hand desktop (where you easily replace graphic card).. :)

• Administrator
Moved to Technology Talk.

Moved to Technology Talk.

You are showing your staff power in color ha.. B)

laptop with upgradable graphics cards are a long shot away and unlikely to become any more commonplace in the future simply because it wont make business sense to big laptop manufactureres.

hence you would only see them in boutique laptops.

I know I am a little slow on responding but heres my suggestion:

1. Go window shopping for laptops that have dedicated video cards ONLY (theres not too many on the market still as of yet, so u will have a limited selection).

2. What games you going to play on it? That will depend on the video card size you will need, same with the processor as well that u will need.

3. Dont be so pressed for time to buy it, take a good week/week n a half to decide on which one, maybe even 2 weeks if you have the spare time to do so.

3. Narrow it down to a few laptops after about a week of window shopping (make notes of the make, model and the video card it has inside, ull need that info soon).

4. Sometimes you can get a small discount, try to ask for one on the one your deciding to purchase, they may not allow any discounts however, but if you get one, tell them you may be a repeat customer for parts/hardware and periphials down the road.

5. MAKE SURE you can register the computer with the OEM to validate the warranty via their website.

6. Enjoy your new laptop obviously :D

Archived