rar file's icon

Hitman6267

After installing alcohol 52%, the icon of rar files changed to an alcohol one. I want to to get winrar's icon back. What should I do ?

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Search for an option in Alcohol 52% to change what files are associated with Alcohol 52% or (not sure if this works) go to WinRAR > Options > Settings > Integration > Associate WinRAR with and tick RAR there.

I already tried what you said. Rar files aren't even in the list of shell extensions to be associated with it. I re-associating winrar with it no luck. I even used Tweak UI to rebuild the icons, didn't work.

I already tried what you said. Rar files aren't even in the list of shell extensions to be associated with it. I re-associating winrar with it no luck. I even used Tweak UI to rebuild the icons, didn't work.

open with command and p8ick winrar will do it

uninstall winrar and then reinstall winrar will do it too

right click; properties; open with- change; open with-scroll, if not browse to C:?WinRar; (winRar executable); OK; Alpy; OK

@myidisbbb and Atasas

I tried that befor, if I double click the file winrar will open it but the icon isn't winrar's. I need the icons to be right so I wont confuse iso files with winrar files.

I'm pretty sure reinstalling winrar will do it but I want to try fixing it befor resorting to that.

@myidisbbb and Atasas

I tried that befor, if I double click the file winrar will open it but the icon isn't winrar's. I need the icons to be right so I wont confuse iso files with winrar files.

I'm pretty sure reinstalling winrar will do it but I want to try fixing it before resorting to that.

rebooted the computer afterwards?

my computer, tools, folder options, file types. delete any rar types. rar, r00.. ect and any s00, s01

i just dont see how a 52 effecting rar files. (im using a120 and couldnt find anything about effecting files)

these easy fixest should work.

i use to have that problem when i install winace. it would take over a bit. my bigest complaint is that you cant see rar and r00 - something like R29 or r30. it just shows icon as rar.

Deleting the file extensions worked a bit. After deleting them rar files didn't have an icon but after assosiating Winrar with rar files they got the alcohol icon back.

Deleting the file extensions worked a bit. After deleting them rar files didn't have an icon but after assosiating Winrar with rar files they got the alcohol icon back.

Uninstall both WinRAR and Alcohol 52%, install WinRAR and associate the file types and then install Alcohol 52% and be sure to uncheck any option concerning associating files(except for iso and things like that of course, but you could try to be on the safe side and deselect everything and associate those files later using the Settings windows).

I downloaded FileTypesMan but didn't know how to use it to fix te problem (the default icon location is right)

I had uninstalled and reinstalled both programs, it worked. Thank you all :welcome:

I downloaded FileTypesMan but didn't know how to use it to fix te problem (the default icon location is right)

I had uninstalled and reinstalled both programs, it worked. Thank you all :welcome:

dang winrar. always getting their stuff stolen

Archived