qBittorrent 2.9.7

jalaffa

qBittorrent is a multi-platform Bittorrent client developed in C++/Qt4. The qBittorrent project aims to provide a Free Software alternative to µtorrent. Its main features are its integrated search engine (allows searching for torrent from the main torrent Web sites simultaneously in a transparent fashion), its support for l'UPnP/NAT-PMP, Bittorrent protocol encryption (Azureus-compatible), Peer Exchange (PeX) compatible with µTorrent, IP filtering (eMule-like "ipfilter.dat" or PeerGuardian filters), Torrents (and the files they contain) prioritizing, remote control through a secure Web User Interface.

Download

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm liking this client. Just recently moved from uTorrent.

I'm still choosing between this and Tixati though.

I like the terminal-like interface of Tixati but it's lacking labeling.

• Administrator

Damn, I didn't even notice that they've added uTP. :)

I'm also kinda liking this client. For reasons I could not figure out for the life of me, on utorrent I couldn't upload anything anymore. Nothing. Finally resolved it trying qBittorrent. Some quirks to it, but all in all it works.

maybe I spoke too soon..... :)

I'm getting very high cpu usage and some system instability with this new version. Anyone else?

Now I have to see where I can find a version of 2.9.5 to download....

• Administrator

maybe I spoke too soon..... :)

I'm getting very high cpu usage and some system instability with this new version. Anyone else?

Now I have to see where I can find a version of 2.9.5 to download....

All the qBittorrent versions. :)

While downloading or uploading? Cause I'm seeding at the moment and haven't noticed such problems. Did you try disabling uTP?

I was downloading. I did not try disabling u TP. I will give that a shot later, thanks for the suggestion DKT27. And thanks as well for the link to the other qBittorrent versions, much appreciated!

I have noticed alot of cpu spiking. Truth be told I was concerned but it does not affect PC performance. It only affects ME, if I sit and watch task manager. These small issues are far and few. I would reluctantly say it could be due to hardware specific configurations or possible security software conflicts. The only reason I am back to uTorrent 3.12 is an error in it's rss feed updater. I use torrentday to get all my 720p tv shows downloaded automatically. The rss downloader works great but will miss shows in the feed. If I pull up the feed in a browser or feed reader it does not match, line per line, the feed shown in qBittorrent. Will post on their forum & hopefully will resolve so I can switch back.

• Administrator

disabled uTP, seems to be working fine now. Thanks again for the suggestion DKT27!

You're welcome. Personally, uTP, invented by uTorrent devs is just fail IMO. In my case, it only effects the connection negatively.

Archived