No More Blank Referals!

nsane

Guest svan71

"does a poor job at all of it's offered services"

NIS+ AV...has ad Blocking and pop up blocking...something NOD32 does not offer.

Never had a virus with Norton...as for resources...I have a gig of ram and and A64 3500....I'm not really sweatin it....

• Replies 53
  • Views 40.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry to here that nsane. I've been a long time follower of your site. I saw it through many name changes and finally decided to register.

Anyway, that's pretty messed up with the leechers. I wouldn't know why anyone would go elsewhere anyway. I personally don't trust many other sites. This is actually one of the first places I check for a file.

yeah, the site has grown alot from that original 10 file listing ;) i started as an official kazaa lite mirror for those who don't know, but that was many, many many, hosts ago. things are about to change with that proxy script tho ;)

btw, quick speed test...

http://comservhost.com/nsane/proxy.php?fil...tfix-884538.zip

http://proxy.nsanedown.com/index.ph...tfix-884538.zip

which is faster? ;)

and http://proxy.nsanedown.com/ - official hompage for our new download system...now dubbed PHProxy :D thinking of putting something funny there like "Ha Ha, our files are hiden!"...purposely mispelled ;)

I would be obliged to say, Norton's overall detection ratio's of viruses is higher than NOD32's .

I knew Lite was going to hop in as soon as I read that comment by Lee, lol.

LemonHead2089

The loading pages we're almost identical to each other ;)

Page 1 - 0.0378

Page 2 - 0.0366

• Administrator
Evidence? ;)

Right.... check out any independant anti-virus comparison site. (Don't bother mentioning Virus Bulletin, not only are they not independant, there tests are flawed). GOOD independant comparisons include: http://www.av-comparatives.org/ (check out the on demand tests of february), before jumping the boat as most people do, read the notes of the Proactive test of May....

shouldnt this be a new topic subject?

Thats up the mods/ admins to decide. Would appriecate not posting this in future and instead using the "Report" feature.

I knew Lite was going to hop in as soon as I read that comment by Lee, lol.

;)

@nsane.... the first page loads quicker.

oops, forgot to update the post parser (still added anonym.to to the links), try the links again ;)

• Administrator
oops, forgot to update the post parser (still added anonym.to to the links), try the links again ;)

Identical speed ;)

"does a poor job at all of it's offered services"

NIS+ AV...has ad Blocking and pop up blocking...something NOD32 does not offer.

Never had a virus with Norton...as for resources...I have a gig of ram and and A64 3500....I'm not really sweatin it....

How would you know if you don't have a virus on your computer? You wouldn't know if Norton is doing it's job. ;) Popup blocker? Browsers have popup blockers, no use for this feature. Why the hell does a born anti-virus software have a popup blocker? ;)

yeah, the site has grown alot from that original 10 file listing :D i started as an official kazaa lite mirror for those who don't know, but that was many, many many, hosts ago. things are about to change with that proxy script tho ;)

btw, quick speed test...

http://comservhost.com/nsane/proxy.php?fil...tfix-884538.zip

http://proxy.nsanedown.com/index.ph...tfix-884538.zip

which is faster? ;)

and http://proxy.nsanedown.com/ - official hompage for our new download system...now dubbed PHProxy ;) thinking of putting something funny there like "Ha Ha, our files are hiden!"...purposely mispelled ;)

Lol... but how exactly do these proxy scripts work? ;)

they have the server's they're running on act as a middle-man for the downloads (hense the 'proxy' part). so you don't know where the file is exactly, just that you can download it through our servers.

basicly, the script downloads a chunk of the file, sends it to you, clears the buffer, then requests and sends the next chunk (like a real proxy). so there's no connection between you and the real file server, making it impossible to track and find ;)

Right.... check out any independant anti-virus comparison site. (Don't bother mentioning Virus Bulletin, not only are they not independant, there tests are flawed). GOOD independant comparisons include: http://www.av-comparatives.org/ (check out the on demand tests of february), before jumping the boat as most people do, read the notes of the Proactive test of May....

I have no idea how to read those charts/results. It's all giberish to me...

• Administrator
so it's not starting a download? :huh:

No... its forwarding me the to the forntpage ;)

How would you know if you don't have a virus on your computer? You wouldn't know if Norton is doing it's job.  ^_^ Popup blocker? Browsers have popup blockers, no use for this feature. Why the hell does a born anti-virus software have a popup blocker?  ;)

I know norton does its job :) (but no i dont use it.... it does its job fine though) . Its an internet secutity SUITE.... ie MORE than a anti-virus. NIS afaik uses a URL filter to block pop-ups, so its additional to the browser based ones (which can be bypassed).

I have no idea how to read those charts/results. It's all giberish to me...

Its the way firefox renders the page (incorrectly). View it in IE or Opera, you should be able to understand fine then....

No... its forwarding me the to the forntpage :)

read the topic title and try it with IE, not referal blocking opera :huh:

or just turn referals back on, if you can ^_^

Its the way firefox renders the page (incorrectly). View it in IE or Opera, you should be able to understand fine then....

No no, that's not the problem, I can view the chart fine. It's still all gibberish to me.

BTW, Lite, check your PM in a sec...

• Administrator
read the topic title and try it with IE, not referal blocking opera ^_^

or just turn referals back on, if you can :huh:

My referals are enabled :)

But i managed to get it work this time.

Both the speeds suck. But the files to small to get a proper speed test going....

Comserv i got ~25kB/s

Proxy.nspr.com ~30kB/s

No no, that's not the problem, I can view the chart fine. It's still all gibberish to me.

BTW, Lite, check your PM in a sec...

;)

What dont you understand? Your PMs been replied too...

Uh, the whole chart, it's speaking to me like how japanese speaks to me...just a bunch of figures that don't make sense

• 1 month later...

Proxy? Referal?....ok

Leechers? Yep i know that one cos im one when it comes to BitTorrent :shy:

I read nsanes proxy explanation, any more simply explanations? give me nursery type explanations lol like ...

Timmy the internet gives mat the proxy a file who then gives it to jimmy the leecher :3

This webpage is for all ages, deter ageism

it's basicly a php scripted 'middle man' for the file servers, there's an example on the phproxy homepage :shy:

example.jpg

basicly, you request the file from the proxy server, it then downloads it from the file server, sends it to you, and clears it from memory (so it never even touches the hard drive). so it's impossible to find the file servers, let alone leech em :shy:

• 1 month later...

hi, i reinstalled my system and now im no more able to download the cracks from this site... i use Firefox and Norton Internet Security 2005, please help me to make the thing working... ;-)

thank u

check norton for an option to 'block referals', 'stealth mode' or something along those lines (cause it isn't firefox) :)

Archived