uTorrent 3.1.3 problem

psyko666

Hi, since a couples of days, the starting and the closing of the uTorrent application takes 2-3 minutes. Once activate, uTorrents works just fine as usual. Other applications don't seem to be affected, may be a little bit slower. mad I use version uTorrent 3.1.3 under W7 on a Dell PC with 7 core and 6 GM RAM. If anybody can help on this issue I would be very happy. Thanks in advance

• Replies 6
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Go to appdata > roaming, then make a back up of uTorrent folder.

And make sure you delete this folder.

Then start utorrent. See what happens.

Regards.

Well I went to the "start button - run"

%appdata%\uTorrent

hit ok and the folder opened itself.. should I delete all that's in the folder ?

What is it for anyway cause there's a lot in there, torrents that I already deleted and I don't have anymore..

You could just rename the folder as "utorrent.old" as it will do the exact same thing as what MinDokan suggests.

What is this folder for? It seems to be uTorrent's "working" folder. I see "apps" in there as well as a bunch of temporary crap that does not need to be there. It seems to store the "preferences" settings in there too...

Other than that, it seems to be OK to delete once confirmed that improvements can be found by renaming it...

It stores all these settings. 1. {rss.dat} is the rss downloader part of utorrent or the list of tv shows you have set to download automatically and the rss feeds that you have. i.e., I have eztv's rss feed set to download The Vampire Diaries. 2. {settings.dat} is the settings portions of utorrent such as where to save torrents, download speed, etc. 3. {resume.dat} is the list of torrents you have , or are downloading, seeding. 4. {ipfilter.dat} is the list of ip addresses that get blocked, ipfilter downloader is available at Nsane and it updates this file to block government and anti pirate organizations that want to track you and then jail you.

I save my rss.dat file because of the long list of tv shows and the hour it took to type them all in, as well as the resume.dat file so I can start seeding the torrents already downloaded.

Archived