Company Laptop

Jobe

Have a relative with windows 7 laptop supplied by his employers,problem he has is that it is password protected and he cannot download/ install any files or programmes of his own on to it!.It always asks for administration password,any ideas guys on a way around this?without knowing the password?Thanks in advance.

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have a relative with windows 7 laptop supplied by his employers,problem he has is that it is password protected and he cannot download/ install any files or programmes of his own on to it!.It always asks for administration password,any ideas guys on a way around this?without knowing the password?Thanks in advance.

There are numerous ways to do this , but these are simple to use

http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/

http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net/

Will this work on Win7 and will it tell him the password?,thanks for quick reply

It cant find the admin password,wont even find his user password,any ideas?

working around a password set by your employer could be grounds for expulsion from the company. is what you to install worth your job? the machine is company property after all.

so i'd go with Adrean's suggestion and if the answer is no, leave it at that.

After the advice given, am now thinking along the lines of not attempting to recover the admin password on my relatives company laptop rather was thinking along the lines of a usb solution!,what would you feel is the best way forward with this?just a portable browser or I think you can now get windows 7 on usb?.Would all his data then remain on his usb and nothing goes on the laptop?,any recommendations and or links to software would be great and thanks so far for all your help.

Archived