Microsoft: Just two more years until end of Windows XP support

nsane.forums

nsane.forums

Microsoft has posted a new reminder to Windows XP users about its plans to end official support for the operating system and Microsoft Office 2003 in just two years.

Microsoft has not been shy in reminding Windows XP users that the company's official support for the operating system is nearing its end. In January, Microsoft posted its last such reminder when there was 800 days to go until the support cut off date of April 8, 2014.

Today, Microsoft once again updated its official Windows Business blog with a new notice that in just under two years, it will stop technical support for Windows XP as well as Microsoft Office 2003. Microsoft's Stella Chernyak also talks about why businesses in particular should not wait until the company releases Windows 8 or Office 15 later this year to make the big upgrade:

Not only is it important for companies to complete deployment before support runs out, but they should also be aware that by upgrading to Windows 7 and Office 2010 today they can gain substantial results today while laying the foundation for future versions of these products. And with over 525 million Windows 7 licenses sold since its release, many customers are already taking advantage of everything Windows 7 has to offer.

Even though Windows XP is over 10 years old, Net Applications claims that the OS is still used by over 46 percent of PCs worldwide, compared to over 37 percent of Windows 7 users.

Posted Image View: Original Article

• Replies 6
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
visualbuffs

people are upgrading to windows 7 .... so 2 years before xp support ends is enough

Amazing how people are still using xp for everyday tasks.... it really shows what is a great windows

Amazing how people are still using xp for everyday tasks.... it really shows what is a great windows

Ya but its obviously old n ancient now..... it was great in its prime years.... time to move on bro!

ROMANTICGUY50

I am planning to update to windows 7 this summer cause I can't update XP. I have SP3 on my computer and it tells me that I don't and it won't let me do any updates so................I will be glad when I update

• Administrator

I am planning to update to windows 7 this summer cause I can't update XP. I have SP3 on my computer and it tells me that I don't and it won't let me do any updates so................I will be glad when I update

If you have a decent CPU, graphics card, and 2GB RAM. You'll have no problems using Windows 7. You won't regret upgrading to Windows 7. :)

Archived