Windows 8 Release Dates & Roadmap Estimate Time Frame

LiLmEgZ

The list below shows all the release dates for different versions of Windows 8. We are already at Consumer Preview (February 28, 2012) which was exactly on time. So we can expect Windows 8 final to be released at the end of 2012.

• Stage 1: Milestone 1
  • Stage 2: Milestone 2 – December 9, 2010
  • Stage 3: Milestone 3 – February 28, 2011
  • Stage 4: Developer Preview – BUILD – September 13, 2011
  • Stage 5: Consumer Preview – February 29, 2012
  • Stage 6: Release Candidate – MIX12 – Approximately around July 9, 2012
  • Stage 7: Ready To Manufacturing/RTM Build – Approximately at the end of 2012
  • Stage 8: Retail Shelf Date – Approximately around January 7, 2013
Note that these are just estimated dates, they are not 100% accurate or confirmed as of yet.

• Replies 12
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whose guesses are the last three stages? The dates are later than conventional wisdom--it's extremely unlikely that MS will miss the shopping season. Without posting a source your list carries no weight.

Please include the 'Source' (your article is utterly lacking in credibility as noted by the first respondent to your OP.) :(

I'd say that Win8 could go to retail by Oct-Nov like the case was last time. M$ seems to be in trouble with dwindling PC sales & tablets /smartphones are eating the lower end of the notebok market steadily ! Its unlikely that they'll wanna miss this chance to promote tablets by Christmas with Win8 providing the perfect chance for a showdown vs iOS/Android also office 15 is a good year or so away hence they'll need to move fast on this one.

• Administrator

The rumored date of release is around October.

Whose guesses are the last three stages? The dates are later than conventional wisdom--it's extremely unlikely that MS will miss the shopping season. Without posting a source your list carries no weight.

Thats why this is called a ESTIMATE of the Win8 Release Roadmap, not exactly 100% confirmed or correct.

Oh and rseiler... DONT forget that MS actually did miss the holiday season when they released Vista... it didnt even come out til end January of 2007!! WAY after Christmas was done with the prior year :)

Thats why this is called a ESTIMATE of the Win8 Release Roadmap, not exactly 100% confirmed or correct.

Oh and rseiler... DONT forget that MS actually did miss the holiday season when they released Vista... it didnt even come out til end January of 2007!! WAY after Christmas was done with the prior year :)

The title suggests a fact statement and not an estimate. I would suggest changing the title to include the word estimate.

• Administrator

I cant edit the title, but maybe a mod can?

Edit > Full Editor. ;)

im sure the the RTM will leak before release date...ohh wait did i say that aloud? :P (most of thier Os's do)

You are correct because I remember when the Windows 7 RTM build got leaked... was not too long after the RTM build date too... was like 2 weeks afterwards if I remember correctly

Archived