Best password manager

rudrax

Hello all nsane buddies..

I need you guy's opinion about selecting a best password manager. I have been using Sticky Password now a day but found it a kind of heavy, it takes considerable time to start too. Here I want to know s what is the fastest-lightweight-full featured password manager available?

I have the same issue, too. Maybe you should remove it from the autostart and start it manually or you have to change in which order the autostart should be to speed it a little bit up or delay some of those (e.g. with GlaryUtilities Autostart Manager). If this is your only issue, you should be able to solve it, if you like Sticky Password anyway.

I start it manually b'cz starting it with windows is a crap to do..Even in manual start it takes around 30 sec to start

Roboform is much better than Sticky Password. (I've used both) Is that what you wanted to hear :D

yup something like that :D

• Replies 30
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i use lastpass .

been using it for almost two years now , and it has always worked for me like a charm .

its AI is excellent , accurate almost 95% of the time . ( the remaining 5% is not to be blamed entirely upon the Lastpass , but mainly on the web pages . some times the page is too secure and automated and prevents any thing else to run along side it , or some times the page is too stupid , it itself does not know what its doing . let alone then how will Lastpass work then ! )

and you have the freedom to access your credentials from any where ...!

and Lastpass uses some Advanced Encryption Logarithms and Techniques which are quite difficult to break or bypass, if not impossible .

check the Lastpass home page to read about it more .

as said , if you have a strong master password ( one which fulfills the criteria of an ideal password ) , you should not worry about the Lastpass security .

because only you can encrypt and decrypt your passwords with your master key , and no one else .

the data stored in the Lastpass servers is all encrypted and even the Lastpass staff does not know what your passwords are !

( and so , if you happen to loose your master password , then nobody can help you . you lost it all ! .... dont worry there are ways of getting back the passwords , but that is a different story )

so even if some one hacks the Lastpass servers and steals your data , he has all encrypted info and nothing which will be ready to use .

he will have to decrypt it and then you are left on the mercy of the strength of your Master Password .!

and if while accessing your data from a computer that is not yours , you fear that the master password might be captured or logged or stored by this PC compromising your security .

no need to worry even then . coz Lastpass has this feature of One Time Password .

these are One Time Password meant to be used only ONCE for accessing an account , and after that they go Dead and Useless .!

so even if the password gets captured , no need to worry , it will be of no use to any one ..!

so get it ...!

and even then if you care for your privacy and security and are skeptic to store any info into the cloud , then go for KeePass coupled with the Firefox extension KeeFox .

note -- its not automated as Lastpass and is not that Intelligent like Lastpass and you have to have your PC with you all the time to access the credentials because that is where all the data is and no where else ..!

Thanks Guru for sharing your experience/knowledge with password managers.

I was expecting you here. :)

@rudrax

you are welcome buddy . !

hope the info helps to answer your doubts !

@rudrax

you are welcome buddy . !

hope the info helps to answer your doubts !

:)

Archived