Logon screen bug [SOLVED]

rudrax

I installed some theme, now I don't remember what that was. The theme modified the button right at the password entering box to a very ugly arrow..Now I uninstalled the theme, but the ugly arrow still remains.

• Replies 14
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

on which operating system ?

I installed some theme, now I don't remember what that was. The theme modified the button right at the password entering box to a very ugly arrow..Now I uninstalled the theme, but the ugly arrow still remains.

Did you try to solve the problem by clicking on properties on desktop..

Or did you try to use Windows Toolkit..

Did you try to solve the problem by clicking on properties on desktop..

Or did you try to use Windows Toolkit..

I think clicking properties on desktop not gonna solve it, I will try windows toolkit though if that helps..

Go to C:\Windows\System32 and backup authui.dll

UnZip the authui.zip from the following link and copy it into C:\Windows\System32

http://www.mediafire.com/?go33s0je3d0l3ez

Reboot, problem solved!!! 8)

Micah J Berman

if you want to customize windows i'd suggest getting a copy of tuneup utilities, it allows you to fully customize your windows theme/login screen, ect... without patches and such. It's simple to get, and if you dont want to pay for it you could torrent it if you're doing it in a legal country.

if you want to customize windows i'd suggest getting a copy of tuneup utilities, it allows you to fully customize your windows theme/login screen, ect... without patches and such. It's simple to get, and if you dont want to pay for it you could torrent it if you're doing it in a legal country.

I can't just use tuneup utilities only for customization..There are far better system optimization utilities than tuneup.

I solved the bug with RocketMan's authui.dll

Go to C:\Windows\System32 and backup authui.dll

UnZip the authui.zip from the following link and copy it into C:\Windows\System32

http://www.mediafire...go33s0je3d0l3ez

Reboot, problem solved!!! 8)

thanks, it worked. sharecode your link before it gets nsane staff attention

• Administrator

I don't think the given file is illegal. Hence, sharecoding isn't necessary. ;)

I don't think the given file is illegal. Hence, sharecoding isn't necessary. ;)

oh ho B)

chlorophyll

i sed this software too

it had lots bugs..

i sed this software too

it had lots bugs..

which software?

Must be referring to Tuneup Utilities 2012. The fact of the matter is that the 'Program Deactivator' module needs to be configured wisely and used judiciously.

Must be referring to Tuneup Utilities 2012. The fact of the matter is that the 'Program Deactivator' module needs to be configured wisely and used judiciously.

yeah, the program deactivator is new feature..may be well configured with later updates :rolleyes:

Archived