Windows xp Sp3: Good or Bad?

talakitok

Windows xp Sp3: Good or Bad??...for the past few days its buging my computer and its teling me to update??...and wat i do is juz ignore it?..i want to question u guyz if its good to update or not?...thnkz guyz...

• Replies 30
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Windows xp Sp3: Good or Bad??...for the past few days its buging my computer and its teling me to update??...and wat i do is juz ignore it?..i want to question u guyz if its good to update or not?...thnkz guyz...

I have update mine about 2 mths back, no problem encounter.....

Update :) I haven't had any problems at all and I did notice(or didn't I?) a small speed improvement :D

Update :) I haven't had any problems at all and I did notice(or didn't I?) a small speed improvement :unsure:

ok..i shall update...hehehe...thnks shought..i awe u again... :D ...thnks also 2 kotaxor...

Update :) I haven't had any problems at all and I did notice(or didn't I?) a small speed improvement :unsure:

ok..i shall update...hehehe...thnks shought..i awe u again... :D ...thnks also 2 kotaxor...

Np, I would recommend not updating through Windows Update, rather by a standalone package that can be downloaded... Doesn't matter if you already updated through WU, but I'd just use a standalone package... I'll find you the link in a min.

Edit: Here you go(it's bigger though, so if that is a problem just use WU): http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;DisplayLang=en

Np, I would recommend not updating through Windows Update, rather by a standalone package that can be downloaded... Doesn't matter if you already updated through WU, but I'd just use a standalone package... I'll find you the link in a min.

Edit: Here you go(it's bigger though, so if that is a problem just use WU): http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;DisplayLang=en

uhmm?..shought??...i juz updated it yesterday...uhm..there seems no problem at all..hehehe...thnks i again shought :D

uhmm?..shought??...i juz updated it yesterday...uhm..there seems no problem at all..hehehe...thnks i again shought :D

Ok, thats great :D

I have 2 PCs using SP3 through windows update and another 2 using standalone SP3, the standalone SP3's PCs seem to boot-up faster.......well (who cares!) as long as it work fine!

I have 2 PCs using SP3 through windows update and another 2 using standalone SP3, the standalone SP3's PCs seem to boot-up faster.......well (who cares!) as long as it work fine!

Hehehe, it's a faster PC lol :) There's no actual difference after installing. The only difference is the installation process and the filesize differs due to the included languages.

Hehehe, it's a faster PC lol :P There's no actual difference after installing. The only difference is the installation process and the filesize differs due to the included languages.

hahaha...guess it just paranoid.....thanks!

Windows XP SP-3 is a great boon for System Administrators like me who on an average, perform 2 reformats per week - it's a great savings in time & money.

Personally, I've never been able to discern any speed advantage. One little issue is incompatibility with some lovely programs, like for example Vista Transformation Pack (anyways, this is just a temporary issue - subsequently all Publishers will have to fall in line.)

Windows XP SP-3 is a great boon for System Administrators like me who on an average, perform 2 reformats per week - it's a great savings in time & money.

Personally, I've never been able to discern any speed advantage. One little issue is incompatibility with some lovely programs, like for example Vista Transformation Pack (anyways, this is just a temporary issue - subsequently all Publishers will have to fall in line.)

Yeah, had problem with Vista Transformation Pack, but I use UX-theme-patcher_for SP3 and use VistaVG Black for the theme, its is working fine.

I think my system got just a little bit more reliable, a small speed improvement here and there..

The downside of this update is that svchost uses around 5-10mb more.

Overal it was a nice addition to XP.

What problem are is it supposed to be?

I've installed SP-3 on a number of HP 530 laptops (without any glitches.)

All I know is there is some problems between some modem, router with

SP3.

I know I had a problem like that, I connect to internet using a wireless connection through my router, and when I installed SP3 when it just had been released on the net (official version I think, as it was MS site), I couldn't connect to my wireless connection anymore.

Anyone has a clue if this problem is still there ? if so, I'll never update to SP3, as I can't take my pc downstairs to get lan connected (cable)

All I know is there is some problems between some modem, router with

SP3.

I know I had a problem like that, I connect to internet using a wireless connection through my router, and when I installed SP3 when it just had been released on the net (official version I think, as it was MS site), I couldn't connect to my wireless connection anymore.

Anyone has a clue if this problem is still there ? if so, I'll never update to SP3, as I can't take my pc downstairs to get lan connected (cable)

You can try this: go to 'start' click on network connection, right click on 'Local Area Connection' and select Properties.

Highlight Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and click Properties. There should be a tab called Autentication unchecked the item called 'IEEE.....' something like that.

Click ok and ok

Reboot if necessary and you should be able to connect.

• 2 weeks later...

finally I took the chance to install sp 3, before it I had downloaded a new driver through driver magician (previous search for drivers never found anything)

first I installed it, went ok, but as predicted, no internet, then I installed the new driver, came up with an assistant, it worked, but then again it failed sometimes (no more internet for some minute or so) so then I went looking for that IEE thing, and I unchecked it idd (was unchecked with previous driver though ... (checked didn't work either)) and then now it seems to be working properly

Archived