[Solved] Urgent help needed

princenarwal

princenarwal

Hello brothers,

i was using minitool partition wizard pro to merge together 2 partitions, which i was not able to merge together in windows. So when i started mergeing them, thdy showed merging 100% and then it stucked at updating system. Then system become unresponsive for about ten mins. I reset it. Now windows is not starting saying error with hardware. In windows setup showing two entries in disk option. First the two partition which i merged as c: , and other as unallocated space. In place of unallocated there was 4 partitions before merging. Also before merging minitool was showing only three partitions, two were those which i wanted to merge. And other was unallocated. But In my computer there was six, all working partitions. So i ignored the unallocated and merged them. I think after merging operation while updating system it changed partition table. so i lost all my data.

Is there anyway to recover the partition table?

And so the partition. In morning i am going to use minitool boot cd. So plz post if you know how to fix it.

Also i am posting through mobile so there may be mistakes. But understand the problem and provide some solution. Thanx.

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i couldnt exactly figure out what went wrong , but you did f@ck up .

why did you ignore the unallocated space ?

why did not you format it ?

why was Windows showing 6 partitions ?

what did you merge with what ?

well now , >> try booting into safe mode and go for System Restore .

>> if unable to , then pop in the Windows Install Disc or the Windows System Repair Disc , and from there boot into Repair My Computer .

>> there are some advandced CMD commands pertaining to HDD which you can run by booting into safe mode with CMD or starting CMD from Windows Install Disc. i dont remember them exactly , you need to google it ...

>> or try running some Partition Recovery Tool , like the Easeus Partition Recovery Wizard http://www.easeus.com/partition-recovery/ . its quite good .

and i dont think so the data is lost , there are plenty of ways to recover it ...

Hello brothers,

i was using minitool partition wizard pro to merge together 2 partitions, which i was not able to merge together in windows. So when i started mergeing them, thdy showed merging 100% and then it stucked at updating system. Then system become unresponsive for about ten mins. I reset it. Now windows is not starting saying error with hardware. In windows setup showing two entries in disk option. First the two partition which i merged as c: , and other as unallocated space. In place of unallocated there was 4 partitions before merging. Also before merging minitool was showing only three partitions, two were those which i wanted to merge. And other was unallocated. But In my computer there was six, all working partitions. So i ignored the unallocated and merged them. I think after merging operation while updating system it changed partition table. so i lost all my data.

And so the partition. In morning i am going to use minitool boot cd. So plz post if you know how to fix it.

Also i am posting through mobile so there may be mistakes. But understand the problem and provide some solution. Thanx.

Did you use Hiren's BootCD 15.1. To recover your data just in case, before trying additional software....Since partition have high risk of losing data. I will highly recommend you backup your data..

princenarwal

i couldnt exactly figure out what went wrong , but you did f@ck up .

why did you ignore the unallocated space ?

why did not you format it ?

why was Windows showing 6 partitions ?

what did you merge with what ?

well now , >> try booting into safe mode and go for System Restore .

>> if unable to , then pop in the Windows Install Disc or the Windows System Repair Disc , and from there boot into Repair My Computer .

>> there are some advandced CMD commands pertaining to HDD which you can run by booting into safe mode with CMD or starting CMD from Windows Install Disc. i dont remember them exactly , you need to google it ...

>> or try running some Partition Recovery Tool , like the Easeus Partition Recovery Wizard http://www.easeus.com/partition-recovery/ . its quite good .

and i dont think so the data is lost , there are plenty of ways to recover it ...

i tried formatting with windows setup and also by disk management. But it was not making them one. So i tried minitool. First it was also showing six but then it lost four and showed unallocated in place of them. windows drive was also in unallocated.

First it was only minitool not reading the partition table properly but now its system not reading it. So no window drive, and so no window startup any mode.

Which recovery tool to use.

• Administrator

Did you use Hiren's BootCD 15.1. To recover your data just in case, before trying additional software....Since partition have high risk of losing data. I will highly recommend you backup your data..

There's a utility called TestDisk in Hiren's BootCD: Tool to check and undelete partition from Dos/Windows/Linux.

That's the best option for this problem. :)

princenarwal

Hello brothers,

there is no data to bckup. All data to recovered. Is it good to use hbcd and can its all program work without window

There's a utility called TestDisk in Hiren's BootCD: Tool to check and undelete partition from Dos/Windows/Linux.

That's the best option for this problem. :)

Good recommendation for princenarwal....

Hello brothers,

there is no data to bckup. All data to recovered. Is it good to use hbcd and can its all program work without window

Hiren's BootCD 15.1 is a very good, try it...It has also additional software, take a look..

I never needed any third party craps for partition business..Don't know why..May be you guys know -_-

princenarwal

Thank you all nasaners,

for your help and support. Problem is solved.

I used hbcd and booted mini xp from it. In xp mode i installed minitool partition recovery, bcuz i thought if problem is caused by minitool then it sould be good to use minitool before using something else. And so it worked like charm and recovered all my partitions. And also the merged partition is also available. Now installing windows.

Thank you all.

• Administrator

Thread marked as solved. Glad that it's fixed. :)

Archived