Disable Norton 2011 Account Activation Window

Cyberboom

Hi everyone ,

how can I disable Norton internet security 2011 account prompting because I'm using Box NTR :) .

Posted Image

I tried to change windows host file for norton activation address but problem not solved

Any ideas please ? :please:

• Replies 13
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you can complete activation fake mail and this screen never see again and again :lol:

name

paswordd

mail

bla bla and freedom :P

Hi lyldz ,

I just don't want to make a Norton account . . I heard that Box could disable it in his first versions fo NTR 2011 but that not go on because of the latest patches form Symantec

So Is there any trick to ignore registration ?

user@nsaneforums

3. Add the following lines to your hosts file, and apply & save the changes:

127.0.0.1 www.mynortonaccount.com

127.0.0.1 mynortonaccount.conxion.com

127.0.0.1 www.mynortonaccount.com.gtm.symantec.com

>> Also you may add these lines bewlow:

127.0.0.1 lcsitemain.conxion.com

127.0.0.1 lc1alt.symantec.com

127.0.0.1 lcsitemain.symantec.com

127.0.0.1 subsync.symantec.com

127.0.0.1 webact.symantec.com

127.0.0.1 www-secure.symantec.com

4. The hosts file can be set back to 'Read-only' when done. (Note that addresses

added to the hosts file will be blocked for all your software.)

3. Add the following lines to your hosts file, and apply & save the changes:127.0.0.1	   www.mynortonaccount.com127.0.0.1	   mynortonaccount.conxion.com127.0.0.1	   www.mynortonaccount.com.gtm.symantec.com>> Also you may add these lines bewlow:127.0.0.1	   lcsitemain.conxion.com127.0.0.1	   lc1alt.symantec.com127.0.0.1	   lcsitemain.symantec.com127.0.0.1	   subsync.symantec.com127.0.0.1	   webact.symantec.com127.0.0.1	   www-secure.symantec.com4. The hosts file can be set back to 'Read-only' when done. (Note that addresses   added to the hosts file will be blocked for all your software.)
Thank you ,

I will test it and report the result ..

This method is NOT WORKING .. :(

Norton Activation window sill pop-up on the Windows start up and after live update.

Could any one help me ,please ?

• Administrator

I don't see why you want to go through all this effort when its really simple to setup this account.

You can even use a "disposable" email address, such as 10MinuteMail.

Yes lite is right.you can do it for first time and use it for the other times. :)

I don't see why you want to go through all this effort when its really simple to setup this account.

You can even use a "disposable" email address, such as 10MinuteMail.

Hi Admin,

of course everyone prefers the simplest way to solve a problem :) .For NIS 2011 I was afraid for my version to get Blocked/busted if I registered with Norton community(because it's totally Illegal !! :lol: ) but now I will apply what you just said .. :D

any way , thank you for replying :)

Yes lite is right.you can do it for first time and use it for the other times. :)

Thank you too .. :)

I just want to ask you if you tested to use an email address more than once , will this works ?

yes,don't worry about that.i'm used one email to create serials for my friends in this forums.

doddymobile

yes,don't worry about that.i'm used one email to create serials for my friends in this forums.

any other option better than online registration?

If the company offered online registration, you should go along with it. Doesn't matter you gave them another email address...Bear in mind, some companies don't really need your email address...

AlienForce1

Cyberboom

how can I disable Norton internet security 2011 account prompting because I'm using Box NTR

Use NTR 3.0 -> this version of BOX trial-reset will remove Norton account for you . :)

Archived