TV Link up with Laptop problem ?

Jobe

Hope I'm in the right place for this?,have my laptop connected to my tv in my bar and everything has been fine for two years or more,suddenly today the resolution on the tv connection wont go above 800X600,Laptop res is fine (normal).

Usually when I plug my DVI connection into my laptop the screen res is changed auto on the tv now as soon as I plug in, tv and laptop go to 800 x 600?,If I unplug dvi connection laptop res changes to normal (higher) and its fine?,any ideas?.

I was insalling office at the time,coinsidence ?.After office install had to re install driver on graphic card as res had gone on pc and tv,after re install pc ok but tv still low res?,any help would be welcome,I'm thinking maybe graphic card problem?.

• Replies 3
  • Views 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you tried adjusting the settings for use with several displays via control panel of the driver for the graphic card. nvidia and ATI comes with options for that.

have you installed the OEM video driver from your manufacturer or did you use any of the generic, Intel, Nvidia or AMD drivers? try to check for the latest one available for both..

I have the very latest drivers from Nvidia,as I said have used this as is for a long time,monitor display software looks ok too,did have graphic card prob a while back,its probably that but cant work out why actual laptop is fine?,only on the external dvi is a prob,thanks for your help both.

Archived