Hacker group taking over LulzSec name for new attacks

nsane.forums

nsane.forums

A cyber attack on the dating web site militarysingles.com has been claimed by a hacker group that calls itself LulzSec, a few weeks after the leader of that group assisted law enforcement teams.

The famed hacker group LulzSec generated a lot of publicity for itself in 2011 after it claimed responsibility for a number of cyber attacks around the world. Now it appears that a hacker group has taken over the LulzSec name in a newly reported attack on a dating web site.

News.com reports that the MilitarySingles.com web site was the victim of a database intrusion. Personal information from nearly 171,000 accounts, including email addresses and passwords, were taken from the database and later posted on the Pastebin.com site, a known location for hackers to post their accomplishments. So far ESingles, which owns MilitarySingles.com, has yet to comment on this incident.

The group that posted the information calls itself LulzSec or LulzSec Reborn. However, it's unlikely that this newest attack was the work of the same group that was responsible for the previous web site intrusions in 2011.

Indeed, earlier this month, it was revealed that the FBI had arrested a number of LulzSec members for various cyber crimes. The arrests were made in part because one of leaders of the group, Sabu (real name: Hector Xavier Monsegur) worked with law enforcement officials to bring down the rest of the group that he was previously a part of.

Posted Image View: Original Article

• Replies 3
  • Views 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

171.00 innocent peoples personal details released into the public domain and all because they can. :angry:

I'd understand if this was the US government they were attacking but no it was a big bad dating site,you know the one that is denying us our internet freedom,oh wait.

Morons is the politest thing i can think of to describe these "hackers".

IF you were going to break in to a dating site, why not hit something higher profile and with greater potential mischief, like ashleymadison.com? Just publicly posting the real names of the users would be enough.

171.00 innocent peoples personal details released into the public domain and all because they can. :angry:

I'd understand if this was the US government they were attacking but no it was a big bad dating site,you know the one that is denying us our internet freedom,oh wait.

Morons is the politest thing i can think of to describe these "hackers".

IF you were going to break in to a dating site, why not hit something higher profile and with greater potential mischief, like ashleymadison.com? Just publicly posting the real names of the users would be enough.

Because these are likely small time, relevantly inexperienced hackers.

Archived