old girl learning quicken 2012 help files are not so helpful

Guest bab2old

Guest bab2old

i may be the only grandmother on this forum. i love my computer and mostly live on it, got my first computer in 1994, just dialup then, now super fast dsl. always been interested in excel and am trying to learn on my own. i just up graded to quicken 2012 and have questions, if anyone uses it. i download banking and investing data. yes, i am an investor in a small way, but i love it. i am running windows 7, 64 bit, which has it's flaws, but better than vista, which mostly stinks. quicken 2012 is a real pain in many ways, the help files are not helpful and as usual with quicken, there are things i want to do that the q will not allow. copy and paste a group of tranactions, no way. merge two banking accounts, forget it. also too hard to import data.

husband running vista on lap top, but does not know much, although i try to teach him, but he is not into it like i am.we been married 44 years. he is a retired long haul trucker, but still works a little, part time and plays some golf and spends time with our big brute dog, lab, golden, blood hound mix, big and strong and lovable. you should hear him howl at a train that runs near here.

bab2old

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome gran'ma..we are pleased to have you here..

And about your query, I guess, its a kind of demonstrative, means, get someone near you rather than some virtual assist..Well, if someone is here who is compatible with your query, must help you..

Regards,

welcome

Archived