Eset & False Positives

avmad

I thought Eset was supposed to be low on false positives but more and more sites I go to it is blocking access.

I know there are many fans of Eset here so do you have problems or is it just recently? I suppose I could turn off web protection but if I tried to run a program it would pop up then and try to block it I assume. I can't be bothered to go through all this just to get programs to work. I'd be better off using another AV :angry:

The latest site was for Slimware Utilities Fixcleaner http://www.fixcleaner.com/

I then had a look around Slimware forum and found a post about it https://www.slimware...ess-the-Website!

I know Eset can block scareware type programs but it seems to go a bit far when the site and program aren't malicious.

Any input from long term Eset users? Im using the AV btw.

• Replies 12
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Just sent an email to eset asking to whitelist the mentioned site. Also complained about too many false positive blacklisting. :)

Actually bro, they do listen to people. I had a problem Eset HIPS module; they gave me quite good advice. Try to make a complain....Eset is well respect company and with good reputation.

Just sent an email to eset asking to whitelist the mentioned site. Also complained about too many false positive blacklisting. :)

Will these take effect in the next version of ESET or with the next database update?

Eset haven't changed their mind yet if you read the forum link I posted above, and that was from the company. I think I'll change to something else. Just wanted to give Eset another try. I know it has good protection but I never really got on with it personally <_<

Just trialing to see if I like it nowdays. Next! :D

Eset haven't changed their mind yet if you read the forum link I posted above, and that was from the company. I think I'll change to something else. Just wanted to give Eset another try. I know it has good protection but I never really got on with it personally <_< Just trialing to see if I like it nowdays. Next! :D

Which version you want or using of eset... :huh:

I thought Eset was supposed to be low on false positives but more and more sites I go to it is blocking access.

I find that keeping the web scanning enabled is highly undesirable as far as my personal computing is concerned. :(

Besides, from the :pirate: point of view, it's hard-coded, by default to blacklist sites for TNOD and UlisesSoft (to use such sites, one has to then resort to exclusions.)

Maybe a suggestion should be made to go back to the filter rules in v4 but keep the look of v5.

There're no pre-defined filter rules in NOD32 not even in the V4 (the two I mentioned in my previous post are hard-coded and not visible to man.) The malaise is in the web-scanning module which needs to be strangled with both the hands.

BTW, other modules which deserve similar treatment are the HIPS and the email-scanning modules.

I know there are many fans of Eset here so do you have problems or is it just recently? I suppose I could turn off web protection but if I tried to run a program it would pop up then and try to block it I assume. I can't be bothered to go through all this just to get programs to work. I'd be better off using another AV :angry:

The latest site was for Slimware Utilities Fixcleaner http://www.fixcleaner.com/

I then had a look around Slimware forum and found a post about it https://www.slimware...ess-the-Website!

I know Eset can block scareware type programs but it seems to go a bit far when the site and program aren't malicious.

Any input from long term Eset users? Im using the AV btw.

Sometimes potential unwanted filter finds false positives (suddenly)...Also HIPS...

Or

Email Eset with problem you having, citing the software

Archived