Need help using Jdownloader Portable (java problem)

ibugu

Hi,

Help please. I've just started using Jdownloader portable(JDownloader 0.9.581 Multilingual) from from portableappz. And i've been using it with my default system installed java (c:\program\java...)

After a while, I started playing around with it by using Java portable which also came from portableappz...

Instruction says i need to extract it in a folder CommonFiles\JAVA under the same folder as jdownloader portable

so it works perfectly...

The problem comes when I wanna get rid of this CommonFiles\java as I was only testing it..plus it is now redundant.

Now everytime i start JDownloaderPortable.exe I am getting an error saying,

Java Runtime Environment Portable or Installed not found!

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

• Replies 14
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If nothing works, delete the folder where your Jdownloader portable was being run from then, download and install afresh to a new folder.

install the normal one: http://www.jdownloader.org/home?lng=en

;)

I haven't used Jdownloader with or without the installer, but the portable version should work just fine, provided the instructions are followed exactly.

install the normal one: http://www.jdownloader.org/home?lng=en

;)

I haven't used Jdownloader with or without the installer, but the portable version should work just fine, provided the instructions are followed exactly.

Portable version as minor problems like, when new version is available then again you have to download jdownloader all over again.

Portable version as minor problems like, when new version is available then again you have to download jdownloader all over again.

Yes, but you can just delete it anytime without any changes to your machine if it turns out that you don't like the program. For an installed program, it's difficult to get rid of every single change that it makes even with a specialized un-installer.

So, for testing purposes, portable apps are definitely the way to go if such an option exists, unless you're sure that you want to continue using the product. Then d/l-ing the .exe instead of the .zip makes sense :)

Yes, but you can just delete it anytime without any changes to your machine if it turns out that don't like the program. For an installed program, it's difficult to get rid of every single change that it makes even with a specialized un-installer.

So, for testing purposes, portable apps are definitely the way to go if such an option exists, unless you're sure that you want to continue using the product. Then d/l-ing the .exe instead of the .zip makes sense :)

Good valid point, bro.. :showoff:

Yes, but you can just delete it anytime without any changes to your machine if it turns out that you don't like the program. ...

That's not right, bro...

;)

Yes, but you can just delete it anytime without any changes to your machine if it turns out that you don't like the program. ...

That's not right, bro...

;)

A legit zip file doesn't make changes to the system by itself, bro :rolleyes:

I've been using Jdownloader Portable (portableappz version) which I updated to Nightly build. And I have Java installed locally. But somehow jdownloader still requires me to have the JAVAportable under the same folder\CommonFiles\Java... which i want to get rid of since I already have java.

Isn't there a .ini file that I can edit to tell it where Java is (and set it to local java)?

Bro, safe yourself some hassle. Just download jdownloader and Java. Sometime portable version's create problems...I do understand some people don't want to download the software, but that's best solution for software's that requires additional software’s....After using if you don't like just uninstall completely with Revo pro which is available on nsane website... :)

That's not right, bro...

;)

It's not the zip or rar file that make the change but the .exe that is inside it...

;)

That's not right, bro...

;)

It's not the zip or rar file that make the change but the .exe that is inside it...

;)

That's not right, bro...

;)

;)

That's correct..exe files are the one who make the changes... ;)

Archived