Firefox 3

gagquin

Less than a week using Firefox 3, yet many things to learn about, I wasn`t able to manage copy&save straight to a specific folder. I only could save to my desktop, to user directory, or to some specific folders perchance happened to be in the Save dialogue box due to my computer use.

My options are to save everything to my desktop and later redirect to where I want . What annoying job sometimes when I happen to save lots of images around the web!

My other option would be to use PicFu or bildereditieren , free hosts offered option when you right click over an image . But I would never agree to their terms of use.

So far, I happen to have half of my mac OS Tiger latest version and nothing of firefox 2.1.4 latest version ) .

This doesn`t happen to Windows XP . What happened was to have my Evernote Firefox plugin cut . Evernote gave me the best alternative to manage my copy&save images I ever knew, unfortunately not for mac OS Tiger users.

Would I be dreaming too much when longing for a browser with the best of Opera 9.5, the best of Firefox 3 over the latest version

of Firefox 2 ? Looking to the pointof view of browser strictly, I would say no because Firefox web site make many references to

Opera 9.5 nice features they adopted. But for the kind of options mentioned above ...

• Replies 26
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Less than a week using Firefox 3, yet many things to learn about, I wasn`t able to manage copy&save straight to a specific folder. I only could save to my desktop, to user directory, or to some specific folders perchance happened to be in the Save dialogue box due to my computer use. My options are to save everything to my desktop and later redirect to where I want . What annoying job sometimes when I happen to save lots of images around the web!

If you go under tools/options/main you have an option to download wherever you want... or being asked each time where to save. If you go on image saving rampage just set the download destination to your images folders. I dont see the problem.

It's not really that he has a problem with the new FF, I just think he wants to know everyones opinion about the new version('Give your opinion' gave me this feeling ;)). I myself think it's great ;) It has become faster and probably a hell of a lot more safe. Haven't encountered any problems with it, except for the smiley box from this forum being misplaced in my resolution(1440x900), but I don't care about that and they'll probably fix it anytime soon.

Less than a week using Firefox 3, yet many things to learn about, I wasn`t able to manage copy&save straight to a specific folder. I only could save to my desktop, to user directory, or to some specific folders perchance happened to be in the Save dialogue box due to my computer use. My options are to save everything to my desktop and later redirect to where I want . What annoying job sometimes when I happen to save lots of images around the web!

If you go under tools/options/main you have an option to download wherever you want... or being asked each time where to save. If you go on image saving rampage just set the download destination to your images folders. I dont see the problem.

That`s what I did first. it didn`t work. I disabled the add-ons related to downloads, it didn`t work either.

picture10wa0.th.png

It's not really that he has a problem with the new FF, I just think he wants to know everyones opinion about the new version('Give your opinion' gave me this feeling ;) ). I myself think it's great ;) It has become faster and probably a hell of a lot more safe. Haven't encountered any problems with it, except for the smiley box from this forum being misplaced in my resolution(1440x900), but I don't care about that and they'll probably fix it anytime soon.

Yes, I`d like to know your opinion as well !!!

tks.

It's not really that he has a problem with the new FF, I just think he wants to know everyones opinion about the new version('Give your opinion' gave me this feeling ;) ). I myself think it's great :D It has become faster and probably a hell of a lot more safe. Haven't encountered any problems with it, except for the smiley box from this forum being misplaced in my resolution(1440x900), but I don't care about that and they'll probably fix it anytime soon.

Yes, I`d like to know your opinion as well !!!

tks.

Well for me when I first time run FF (it was some beta) most annoying was two things -

first - the new "smart" address bar - I liked the way from ff2 more but I justed to this new smart bar ;)

And second one - when u DL files, and close ff, u will see Download menager - but in FF2 there was big button with folder name where you store download's - in ff3 they disabled this button and add Search bar (wtf?).

Rest is better but all the reviews I read are checking only memory usage which really is lesser altough CPU usage is much more resource eater ;/ Especially embed movies like youtube use much of my cpu and I don't like it ;/ I hope they will fix it in the future:)

Therefore I love FF :] For the add-ons , for the way mozilla works with users and because FF was ALWAYS free, not like Opera...

Regards !

about:robots=Awesome.

Other than that, I like the new default theme and how easy it is to bookmark stuff now. Not to mention how firefox 3 uses alot less memory.

spasserfan
about:robots=Awesome.

Other than that, I like the new default theme and how easy it is to bookmark stuff now. Not to mention how firefox 3 uses alot less memory.

Nice feature :frusty:

Start to make FF 3 act like FF 2... Sort of...

Stop the annoying bookmarks mixed in with History

1. Access about:config

2. Find browser.urlbar.maxRichResults and change the value to 0.

These scripts can be added to your userchrome file (Greasemonkey or chrome edit plus can be used)

Get rid of the yellow stars

/* Remove the Bookmark star */

#star-button {

display: none !important; }

Address bar turns yellow for https

/* highlight HTTPS URLs */

#urlbar[level] .autocomplete-textbox-container > * {

background-color: #FFFFB7 !important; }

Just a few small things to give you "FF 2" with smaller memory usage...

BTW - I like FF3...

Firefox 3 is superior to 2 in (at least to my knowledge) every single way.

I just don't like the buttons very much, but therefore I have a nice theme.

I like it too, at first some addons would not be allowed to run but changing a couple of settings in about:config allowed for them to run and without any errors :) I like it very much, nice update

It's just awesome..! Been using it since the download day and there's no way I'd go back to 2.. It's noticeably stabler and has much smaller footprint..

Even the default skin looks real nice.. Best browser atm all around..! :)

Yeah, love v3 of firefox. With the add-on, it's feel safe to surf anywhere.......

Been using it since Download Day, no problem.

I`m back on version 2.0.0.15 (update) :)

------------------------------------------------------

Me too and the reason is because I am always receiving messages when I visit some sites like =Softexia= and =FullandFree= and I can`t eliminate them even on Firefox /Options. This happens when I access those Sites.

Here are the messages : - " The document contains no data " and " The site adxbnet.net has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences ". Have to click OK 2 times and I dont like it.

Does anyone found same issues and solve them ?

(WinXP Pro SP3 - X86)

---------------

cheers

Jofre

---------------

I`m back on version 2.0.0.15 (update) :)

------------------------------------------------------

Me too and the reason is because I am always receiving messages when I visit some sites like =Softexia= and =Full and Free= and I can`t eliminate them even on Firefox /Options. This happens when I access those Sites.

Here are the messages : - " The document contains no data " and " The site adxbnet.net has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences ". Have to click OK 2 times and I dont like it.

Does anyone found same issues and solve them ?

(WinXP Pro SP3 - X86)

---------------

cheers

Jofre

---------------

No problem found when going to Softexia, don' t know about Full and Free......

OK, problems are gone! Solve situation uninstalling completely Firefox included Bookmarks and installing again, this time

Firefox 3.0.1, which is a beta version but is working fine, then importing all Boomarks (Favorites) from Internet Explorer

and that`s it.

But still dont understand why those messages...

Thank`s Kotaxor for the trouble you had trying to help !

----------------------------------------

Correction : today 11th July, had to change again to v.3.0 (Final) because 3.0.1 beta "doesn`t check spelling when I type".

On 18th.July - v.3.0.1 is at Mozilla Website.Time to download people. Is faster then 3.0.0 ! :(

NOW about the use of Firefox :- Is the best Web-Browser on Earth, not because I am saying it, but because this is the opinion of many millions users. So dont look back and go for it. You will not regret for sure... :)

cheers

Jofre

Went back to FF v2.0.0.15 - http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all-older.html - as too many Xtensions were not working and Nightly Tester Tools have yet to make it compatible with FF3. Once they do, I'll be quite happy to upgrade. Can't live without some of the most basic Xtensions which should be part of a standard FF. My test with FF3 was OK though, it looks sharp.

Went back to FF v2.0.0.15

Firefox V2 got updated to 2.0.0.16, a few hours ago - just in case you're unaware of this.

I just don't like the buttons very much, but therefore I have a nice theme.

Which theme do you use, demonon?

I use Noia 2.0 (eXtreme) 3.45, which became compatible with Firefox V3 just a couple of days ago.

I think it will be a matter of time before most, if not all of the add-on will be compatible in v3.

I think the official release is tomorrow, user of v3 should be able to update. Update will not be available to v2 by end of this year.....I think

:)

Just update to new version yesterday, and Tab Mix doesn't work!!

Nm, did some changes, and got it to work in firefox 3.0.1

I like it too, at first some addons would not be allowed to run but changing a couple of settings in about:config allowed for them to run and without any errors :P I like it very much, nice update

What settings did you change?

Archived