Get 3GB of Free Space on Dropbox By Using Camera Upload

ast

Posted Image

Get 3GB of Free Space on Dropbox By Using Camera Upload

If you missed out on the last free online storage space offer from Dropbox, here's another one you can grab: a total of 3GB of extra space just by using the Camera Upload feature to put photos and videos into Dropbox.

Everyone else can bump up their storage space to a total of 3GB extra by using the Android app's camera upload feature or the Camera Upload feature from the desktop application; you'll need the experimental forum build (1.3.4 or higher) for the desktop app. The camera upload feature automatically uploads photos and videos to your Dropbox account.

Dropbox will add 500MB of free space the first time you add a photo or video using the feature, then for every 500MB you upload, another 500MB of extra storage.

short : just download latest build :

http://forums.dropbox.com/topic.php?id=55985

and get extra space :)

• Replies 11
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RadioActive

I tried DropBox but didn't quite like it on Android. I switched to SugarSync soon after and so far I'm enjoying it. Oh, and It offers 5 GB of free space in case you're wondering.

Note: The bonus can only be earned once for the entire beta program. If you earned 5GB before you will not earn another 3GB for testing this version.

I copied from official Dropbox forum,This will be more useful to people who missed the previous offer from dropbox. :)

You can easily trick this if you don't have Android phone, like I don't. Just make an iso image and mount it with Daemon Tools or some other and choose in autorun option to import with Dropbox.

Cheers ;)

just make a folder on a usb drive named

DCIMx

and put some pictures in it... turn on dropbox.

worked here!

One more trick. :D Take some big file, like some movie, or something, and change it's extension to jpg. Do the steps in my previous post. You can delete file when Dropbox finishes the importing, no synch required, and you'll get extra space.

Cheers ;)

TheGreatGuy

SkyDrive, 25 GB :showoff:

how much space with Dropbox and is upload and download faster?? TIA :)

With dropbox, if i remember correctly, u get 2gb for free. Also I haven't noticed a difference in download or upload speeds. By the way, skydrive is free as well

Yes, but you have to manually upload to sky drive and there was a size limit on a single file. Did that change?

Cheers ;)

Archived